Business Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions
|Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to im-pact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.|
A. P. Moller - Maersk is embarking on a programme of acquisitions. The Technology Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestment Team is responsible for analysing and advising on the technical aspects of the transaction opportunities and will lead the Technology execution involved in subsequent planning and delivery.
We are looking for a Business Analyst, preferably with logistics experience, who will be responsible and accountable for delivering analysis, strategy, and participating in post-merger integration, as required by transactions. The successful candidate will be aligning business processes and capabilities of acquired entities in line with Maersk’s process and capability models, so a broad understanding of technologies is an advantage. You will be reporting to the Manager of the Technology M&A Strategy and Governance Team.
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Business Analyst in M&A, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the com-plexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
- Contributing to due diligence reports of potential targets with regards to strategic and technical fit and synergy opportunities.
- Understanding and translating business processes of a target company, mapping the acquired entities landscape against Maersk standards and operating procedures
- Working closely with business partners, product owners and technical teams to design Technology solutions for acquired entities
- Teamwork with integration project teams to implement changes to the Technology landscape
|Who we are looking for|
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably experience with M&A
- Previous experience involving analysis and large-scale implementations, including application and infrastructure rollout, transformational change, and related projects and programmes.
- Broad understanding of working within compliance frameworks, information security controls, and technology audit, as well as preventive initiatives like disaster recovery and business continuity planning
Bridging business processes and IT solutions with standard practices
- Holistic understanding of upstream and downstream impact of change
- Requirements management and analysis
- Change management and implementation
- Application and infrastructure architecture understanding
- Developing an in-depth understanding of logistics products in the Maersk organisation, to create the foundation for any new Technology solution
- Ability to quickly analyse target companies’ business
- Ability to comprehend and translate Technology concepts to executable business change
- Focus on impact to the front line employees
- Negotiation, influence, and facilitation skill
- Strong communicator and positive mindset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Able to work when empowered with a high degree of autonomy
- Highly motivated to succeed, target focussed and results-driven
- Proven experience of delivering under pressure
- Interested in innovating, and emerging technology areas, such as big data, IoT, ML, and blockchain
|>||Last application date: 29 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Bruno.Palumbo@maersk.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|