Software Engineer for Captain Peter
|Maersk is the largest shipping and container logistics company in the world. A $40bn organisation with over 85,000 people, we ship roughly 20% of the world’s container freight. We’re bringing our organisation together to become an integrated container shipping and logistics company, fundamentally re-thinking how we do business. Improving our customer experience is a core priority. |
|The overwhelming majority of cargo journeys go as planned, and the cargo arrives as expected. However, if something unexpected does happen, Captain Peter notifies the user as quickly as possible and helps resolve the problem. Captain Peter has been developed based on extensive user research and in conjunction with selected charter customers to optimize the product-market fit. Captain Peter is about to begin on its next journey where it will be shared with all Maersk customers – and to make it a success we need help. We are looking for one frontend and one backend expert - If this sounds like you, read on! By boarding the journey, you will get to: |
• Work with a highly professional team who puts users, and thereby product, before everything else
• Pair program daily
• Participate in the team’s Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
• Work in an international agile environment with flexible working hours
• Have the possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
• Push Maersk towards becoming a digital and product-focused organization
• Build a future career in Maersk
|We are looking for smart people, not for a list of skills. |
Expect to deploy code into production every day, own your own development and build a user-focused product that helps our reefer customers understand the journey of their cargo. What we are building is test-driven, pragmatically user-friendly and always based on user feedback. We expect you to:
• Put users first: Our users define the product we create.
• Own the product: The product must be ours so we can make the right decisions.
• Optimize value, minimize work: Minimal solutions mean we provide value earlier
• Keep the stack simple: Be pragmatic and use case focused, no tech for the sake of tech.
• Learn & Grow: The business is huge, but we help you to grow and learn with us.
• Keep the stack secure and reliable: We take this seriously and embrace privacy by design.
|Who we are looking for|
|While reading the following list, please consider that we value attitude more than your expertise. Are you ready to be challenged on delivering an MVP that maximizes customer value? Then you should apply even if you don’t feel you fit the role 100%. |
The ideal candidate will:
• Design, write and test clean code using design patterns and best practices
• Have extensive experience developing digital products
• Create resilient, secure and performant applications
• Contribute in simplifying and improving the infrastructure, always focusing on CI/CD
• Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects.
• Constantly update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses and accessing new applications
Our tech stack is as follows:
• Go, Typescript, Angular8,
• Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker
• PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Redis
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
• Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our recruitment team
• The candidate will be requested to solve a coding exercise and submit it to a repository on GitHub. The exercise will be assessed by our engineers.
• Should you be successful, you will be invited to a remote technical interview, where we dive deep into the solution and introduce the team
• Finally, you will get an on-site interview which includes a pair programming exercise, an interview with the hiring manager and HR
|>||Last application date: 28 January 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As applications are reviewed on a daily basis, please note that vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline indicated. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible. For further information please contact Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: Farhana.firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|