Test Engineering Lead
|The role of the Test Engineering Lead is to build a strategy and manage the engineering team to deliver engineering frameworks and solutions for products across our product groups. To fulfil this role, the Test Engineering Lead applies appropriate knowledge of technologies, across test data management, test automation, service virtualisation and performance engineering. These will meet the short and long-term goals of the product teams. The objective is to support our goals to enable testing to shift left, increase scope and decrease time to market. Working closely with our test architects, Product Owners and Delivery Owners to understand the integrated models and landscape of the systems under test. You will be required to work within an agile development environment and should be committed to delivering expected engineering solutions. This is a hands-on position that requires a high level of technical aptitude, good communication skills and a firm commitment to quality. |
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Test Engineering Manager, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
|• Provides technical leadership and strategic direction to the Engineering Teams |
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements to test coverage, execution and automation.
• Has wide reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond test and assurance.
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with all the constituents involved in product development and release activity including CI/CD pipeline enablement, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project managers, feature teams and others to ensure execution and deliverables per plan.
• Actively participates or leads in the development of test strategies, delivering of all technical test services e.g. automation, performance testing, test data management, service virtualisation.
• Mentors and guides staff to build overall capability within the department.
• Works with other test practitioners and the test manager to ensure we maintain best test practice across the department.
• Involved with understanding business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements in testable solution designs.
• Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of engineering solutions after making necessary evaluations.
• Is outcome oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
• Provides guidance and helps design, configure, implement, maintain and monitor systems that in turn support continuous delivery systems and outcomes.
• Applies a broad knowledge of performance testing principles, practices and procedures to uncover application bottlenecks and facilitate resolution with development.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes and practises, tools and techniques|
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
• Extensive technical product skills, it is not sufficient to be a specialist in any one area or technology.
• Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
• Ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture
• Detailed software analysis and design knowledge is needed while also having a solid background in software quality and testing.
• Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
• A strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background and good communication abilities are essential.
• Experience Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments
• Building test infrastructures using containerization technologies such as Docker and working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
• Strong Working Knowledge in JAVA, GHERKIN, Selenium, Cucumber is beneficial.
• Good understanding of API technologies like RESTful, SOAPUI, MQ, etc. is good to have.
• Experience of performance test engineering working with tools such as HP Performance Centre (LoadRunner), JMeter, or others is an advantage.
• Detailed hands on experience covering several the following technical areas with delivery at scale:
o Test Data Management, Test Automation Frameworks, Service Virtualisation, Performance Engineering and Testing, Systems integration, PaaS, IaaS
|>||Last application date: 29 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|