Full-Stack Engineer (JAVA microservices)
|We are strengthening Maersk's software development organisation, focusing on driving ownership, predictability and agility in our technology. We are hiring Full-stack Engineers with JAVA 8 microservice skills working as a key member of our agile teams.|
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications (e.g. booking a shipment), covering build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems.
Do you want to be supported in your development as a software engineer? You will work alongside other developers learning from them and from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
Together, your skills will be applied to building the microservices to support the dynamic needs of browser based applications, integrating internal data sources and services to provide reactive and secure end-points for your team’s applications.
|Great Career and Package on offer|
|The role will involve:|
• Hands-on implementation of JAVA microservice code, orchestrating other JSON end-points, security services and NoSQL data sources.
• Practicing effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Build new capability across the team toolset, including writing tests and reviewing code for other team members.
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Providing technical support out-of-hours
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable and tested code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities and to resolve live issues
|Who we are looking for|
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Experience of microservice development using JAVA 8 + and SpringBoot framework in a commercial setting.
• Experience of reading and writing to a NoSQL database in JAVA. Ideally Cassandra.
• Experience of accessing other APIs from your code.
• Experience of writing tests using unit tests and mocking frameworks
• Experience of delivering fully tested small incremental change with a SCRUM process
Nice to have
• Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins
• Working with Kafka data streams
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Using API gateway products
• Experience developing APIs for developer communities
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
|>||Last application date: 01 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|