Financial Compliance Officer - Financial Control Framework and reporting
|If you are an experienced risk & control professional, who is dedicated to financial reporting and controls, this is an excellent opportunity to join Maersk and to impact a global organisation through driving and developing our integrated control framework.|
|With focus on risks and controls related to financial reporting, we offer you a developing and dynamic role in an international environment alongside talented and dedicated colleagues. |
You will report to the Head of Risk & Control Compliance and become part of the team responsible for developing our framework and the reporting to management as part of the Risk & Control Compliance function.
You will interact with colleagues, build a strong, professional network across the Maersk Group.
We are result-oriented with a focus on quality and service. You will be given the opportunity to influence the direction for our team where we encourage new ideas and a critical faculty.
Teamwork is important for us and while being busy we really enjoy each other’s company.
We encourage our employees to assume ownership of their personal and professional development and we are strong believers of on-the-job-development and learn through new tasks and on-going feedback.
You will also participate in relevant courses and seminars, when applicable.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|You will report to the Head of Risk & Control Compliance and become part of the team responsible for developing our framework and the reporting to management as part of the Risk & Control Compliance function. |
You will interact with colleagues, build a strong, professional network across the Maersk Group, and cooperate closely with professionals in all businesses.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Monitor risks and compliance requirements related to financial reporting and develop financial control framework, templates, instructions and guidance accordingly across Maersk
• Coordinate annual risk assessment process
• Coordinate and/or prepare risk & control reporting to management
• Manage the tracking and follow-up on audit findings
• Assist on projects or process improvements which impact the internal control environment
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have a solid theoretical financial background i.e. a master’s degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance with further training within governance, risk and compliance.|
You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience from a similar role within an international company, or alternatively as internal control professional in an international consultancy/audit firm
• Have practical experience and understanding of internal control systems and frameworks (ideally COSO), corporate governance as well as process and system improvement projects
• Have professional knowledge of internal operations and control environment in a global shared service centre is an advantage
• Have practical experience with documenting risks and internal controls as well as presenting outcome in a clear and concise manner
• Have good communication and stakeholder management skills being able to work with both management and emploees in a global organisation
• Are used to and motivated by working in a challenging and changing environment dealing with different tasks at the same time
• Are fluent in English – verbally and in writing
|>||Last application date: 30 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|