|Maersk is strengthening its software development organisation, focusing on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and increasing agility in our technology. We are looking for a Senior Architect with strong application and solution architecture skills, knowing the ins and out of how to build and deploy software using a variety of technology stacks. You will have experience working in Agile projects and leadership to help shape development and DevOps practices within Maersk Technology.|
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on platforms that build and deploy code as often as possible? In this role, you will have long-term architectural ownership of Maersk’s CI/CD capabilities.
You will work alongside other architects and engineers, learning from them as well as from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. You will be persuading other architects to think CI/CD as part of the overall Maersk Architecture. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
As a large Enterprise, we have a multitude of different tools and implementation of CI/CD capabilities across the technology part of the company. We need to get a firm strategy around our CI/CD capabilities and application lifecycle tools, and as owners of the CI/CD strategy we need to bolster our team with an architect
The role will involve:
• Ensure realisation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment best practices and standards.
• Working closely with product teams and enterprise architects to ensure CI/CD and infrastructure.
• CI/CD tools and pipelines have an architectural strategy.
• Application lifecycle tools have an architectural strategy for Maersk.
• Working closely with the CI/CD capability product owners, and product teams on various architectural aspects of the CI/CD capabilities and pipelines.
• Travelling as needed to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based in various countries (e.g. Denmark, UK, India, and more).
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
|• Ensuring the CI/CD strategy across Maersk for all software artefacts.|
• Ensuring Application lifecycle tools strategy for Maersk.
• Helping the CI/CD capability building engineers on architectural questions and concerns.
• Working and designing with a DevOps mindset to further continuous enablement.
• Engaging enterprise architecture, product and infrastructure teams to produce optimal, high level, conceptual design and roadmaps.
• Acting as focal point and subject matter expert for capability, application and integration within area of responsibility.
• Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and their possible application to the business.
|Who we are looking for|
• Application and architecture design; ArchiMate and UML modelling
• API and event centric and abstract service design; cloud technology, microservice design, cloud-native apps; design for DevOps and automation
• Security design, OWASP, NIST
• Enterprise application integration
• Performance engineering
• Stakeholder management
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment.
• Have a firm understand of the DevOps and Agile ways.
• Strong understanding of how to build and deploy software artefacts in a continued way
• Strong understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
• IT lifecycle and governance, agile methods, requirements management, quality management
• Know the difference between using Jenkins and Azure DevOps pipelines.
Nice to have
• System design incorporating Sitecore, Outsystems, Salesforce, Akamai, Akana, Apigee, Forgerock, Azure AD, Seeburger
• BIZZ Design Enterprise Studio
• Togaf certification
• Business acumen including knowledge of current sector, competition and business strategies and tactics.
|>||Last application date: 28 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|