Senior Java Developer
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us as we re-think what technology can do.|
A vacancy exists for a Senior Developer with strong Java skills and experience of working in the web layer, working as a key member of an agile team. You will be actively embracing frequent delivery, end-to-end application ownership and lean/agile principles.
The role will involve;
• Contributing to a cross functional agile team in the elaboration, development and testing of user stories
• Actively taking part in sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation
• Hands-on development and modification of frameworks, common components and business components
• Hands-on development of unit tests across all developed components and contribution to the creation of automation in higher levels of the test pyramid
• Actively refactoring code and continual contribution to code quality improvements
• Personal adherence to development standards and best practices for software development and review of colleague’s code
• Being an exemplar of progressive development behaviours; maximizing collaboration and knowledge sharing through effective pairing on tasks with developers, testers and DevOps
• Creation of POC’s / Spike development and active involvement in technology evaluation
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. Asa senior Java Developer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
|• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.|
• Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of applications delivering business value
• Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
• Raising capability and standards within team; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (embraces blame free feedback)
• Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospectives and from engagement with cross team bestpractice communities
• Support Product Owner to identify and manage risks, debt, issues and opportunities for technical improvement
• Support the recruitment activities for new developers hires
• Technical support during cut-over activities
• Technical support in- and out-of-hours as part of team’s support rota
|Who we are looking for|
• Excellent implementation skills, primarily Java, SpringBoot, and associated unit testing frameworks
• Expertise in development within an Agile envirnoment
• Effective integration of testing into development workflow; using appropriate test frameworks
• Build tooling (e.g. Maven)
• Capability for occasional work in UI layer.
• Good experience of continual delivery pipeline tools (Jenkins, Ansible, ..)
• Good verbal communication skills; able to articulate clearly to technical team members during agile ceremonies and to work with product owners in the elaboration of user stories
• Able to work in a highly collaborative environment as part of an effective delivery squad
• Good critical reasoning and problem solving skills
• Agile software development experience, preferable with experience of XP or other high collaboration approaches
• Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
• Fast turnaround development experience
• Continuous delivery – including shippable product per sprint delivery cadence
• Service orientated and microservice architecture
• Shared-nothing architecture, domain driven design and bounded context
• High volume transactional systems
• Use of API gateway products (Akana pref)
• Appreciation of the importance of coherent software architecture and design
• Loosely coupled message or event based architectures
• A full understanding of eventual consistency concepts, preferably hands on experience
• Active contributor to open source projects would be beneficial
|>||Last application date: 01 February 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|