Senior Front-end Developer
|We are strengthening Maersk's software development organisation, focusing on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and increasing agility in our technology. We are hiring Senior UI Engineers with strong front-end development skills and experience to help shape UI engineering within Maersk Technology.|
|Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe? In this role, your team will have long-term ownership of one or more applications (e.g. booking a shipment), covering build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems.|
Do you want to be supported in your development as a senior engineer? You will work alongside other developers, mentoring them and learning from them and from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
Your considerable skills will be applied to applications built in both old and new frameworks and architectures; from server-side rendered applications using Backbone JS to SPA’s built in VueJS, backed by modern APIs.
|The role will involve:|
• Hands-on front-end architecture, development & implementation. You will craft unit & integration tests across all components with code re-use being key to success
• Collaborate with front-end developers, back end developers, designers, UX experts, external agencies, partners and key people in the business
• Engaging with technical standards, reviewing code, and supporting a worldwide UI development community
• Working with development teams to define appropriate solutions and implementations to create customer-experience driven apps
• Seeking opportunities to improve the code base (debt, bugs etc.) and communicating the case for action.
• Travel to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based abroad (e.g. Denmark), though this will be infrequent
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Helping to define and maintain front-end development standards adopted by the development teams and external service providers
• You are responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of applications delivering business value
• Collaborating with product owners to identify and mitigate risks, issues, and tech debt, as well as to find new ways to make the websites better
• Supporting the recruitment of technical team members across the department
• Technical support during release activities
|Who we are looking for|
|Required experience & skills|
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Good critical reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Able to provide constructive feedback and effectively review code, guiding other front-end engineers in the right direction
• Able to develop the technical ability of junior developers
• Hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, Vue or React. Our preference is Vue, but experience in any of them is a plus.
• Able to write front-end code that is cross-browser and cross-device friendly, through responsive or adaptive techniques is essential
• Delivery of small complete changes at high cadence
• Experience within a customer-focused environment
• The ability to get the best out of technical colleagues as well as business leaders.
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Practical experience implementing progressive web apps (PWAs)
• Industry wide experience and appetite for new and emerging technologies
• Experience of developing for componentised websites with transactional and online self-service portals
• Experience developing UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese languages
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Proven knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
|>||Last application date: 22 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|