Student Assistant for Communication
|Nordhavn, CopenhagenStudentCommunication/Stakeholder Relations||Ref.: SV-196520|
|Use your communication skills to devise creative solutions for a global company. You will work directly with our Global Head of Communication engaging, motivating and informing our diverse and global workforce through various digital communications and social media. You will get broad exposure, freedom to deliver and the hands-on experience to develop a good understanding of the role that communication plays in a global company.|
|You will be joining a dynamic and highly international company operating in 33 countries across four regions. We are an industry leader working to maintain our leading position by transforming the markets in which we operate. We offer the right candidate the opportunity of professional development, both within Svitzer and across the Maersk Group.|
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen. You will have significant independence to shape your role and contributions to the performance of our team and our company within our lean and flat structure and performance driven culture.
You will become part of a small team tasked with shaping the global corporate communication of the company. You will apply the knowledge and skills from your academic, and professional, background to a range of communications challenges, with the freedom to take personal responsibility for your own projects.
Work hours are flexible, especially around examination periods. We expect you to work fifteen to twenty hours per week.
|As a student assistant in Communications, you will be working closely with colleagues in Copenhagen and across the globe to deliver the following responsibilities:|
• Write and produce engaging content for internal and external channels based on research and interviews
•Analytics reporting for our internal communications platform
• The maintenance of our photo database, corporate presentations, merchandise etc.
• Assist the team in ad hoc communication assignments as needed, e.g. video editing, Adobe Creative Suites-related projects, producing infographics, providing internal communications support to functional stakeholders etc.
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a confident, energetic person who enjoys freedom to operate independently and take pride in delivering quality work. You demonstrate excellent to native levels of proficiency in both verbal and written English, as well as specific copywriting skills.|
•You are in the last part of your Bachelor or early start of your Master’s in Journalism, Communication or related field.
• You are a meticulous proof-reader and copy editor, with the confidence to identify and correct the spelling and grammar of colleagues.
• You are experienced in Adobe creative suites (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.) and have basic video editing skills.
• You have a passion for communication and storytelling, in writing, visual media and in person.
• You are a multi-tasker, who approaches tasks with a high level of energy and is open to the challenges of a busy, international work environment.
• A student work permit is required if you are not an EU citizen. We expect you to work approx. 15-20 hours per week.
|>||Last application date: 18 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Sophie Phillips, Sophie.Phillips@svitzer.com.
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|