Student Assistant MPRO CMV
|Copenhagen KStudentAdministration/Facility Management||Ref.: GF-194459|
|Get on the fast-track to an international career with a fortune 500 company! |
Maersk Procurement is an ambitious department with a global reach aiming to achieve optimal value from our supplier base.
You will work within the Category Management team, based in Copenhagen and your work will be impactful supporting our projects as well as helping us transforming our digital footprint. This will provide you with a solid platform for future career and development opportunities within the Maersk Group.
|A foot in the door to a career in a Fortune 500 company. For Maersk Procurement, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them. |
You will become part of the “Digital Student Advisory Board”, which is our attempt to get fresh eyes into our processes while optimizing our existing applications, dashboards and data. Our organization is dynamic and your creativity, ambition and problem-solving skills will be put to the test every day.
The opportunity to work with colleagues around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. We work with global stakeholders but our team has members at Copenhagen, Mumbai, Shanghai, Hamburg and Manila.
A fast paced and dynamic environment with distinct respect for the individual: Our vision is to make sure that every dollar spent, is spent professionally.
In addition, we have a clear focus on professional and personal development:
• An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone
• Develop Procurement and Digital competencies by interacting with senior professionals and getting involved in high impact projects
|You will be part of the Category Management Vessels team. We manage our supplier base delivering marine equipment and services such as spare parts, consumables, paint, provisions and services. |
We work with different Maersk business units in close cooperation with internal stakeholders and are responsible for managing our spend professionally.
As a Student Assistant you will work on exciting tasks and projects, such as:
• Identifying opportunities to improve our digital footprint (existing data, dashboards, reports, etc.).
• Mapping and analysing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in and across categories
• Assisting strategic decision making through data analysis and daily feedback from stakeholders
• Assisting with – and as you develop – independently running various tenders
• Assisting with – and, as you develop – independently managing various projects
• Advising senior management, in Group Procurement, on digital opportunities and initiatives
• Preparation of various presentation material for senior stakeholders and management
• Servicing internal stakeholders on various requests
You will have significant responsibility from the start and are expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with very ambitious targets.
In short, you will be treated as a peer in your team and have a great opportunity to learn and develop.
|Who we are looking for|
|Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us are your personal skills. |
You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
• On the last year of your Bachelor studies or the first year of your Master studies in Digital/IT or data management with an interest or a minor in Business or Supply Chain Management, or similar
• Experienced in data analysis, familiar with programming and know how to manipulate data and data flow between systems
• Working experience handling a relevant scope is ideal
• Comfortable with complex Excel, Power BI based analysis being able to transform unstructured data into high level conclusions and key messages
• Demonstrating analytical skills with a very sharp eye for detail
• Entrepreneurial in spirit
• International in your mind-set supported by high level of proficiency and confidence in spoken and written English
• Interested in Procurement
In Maersk, our 5 core values are represented in everything we do - we expect that you can relate and represent these accordingly.
|>||Last application date: 16 December 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|