|Maersk – the world’s largest shipping company, founded 1904 – is currently on a journey of digital business transformation, re-inventing both how we interact with our customers and our internal ways of working.|
As part of this journey, the Mobile Centre of Excellence works closely with the business to detect, define, develop, and deliver the most valuable mobile initiatives for Maersk. We believe in the “Mobile where it Matters” approach, analyzing processes, user tasks, and digital ecosystems from a holistic point of view. This allows us to invest our time and resources where we get the most value for money.
To further strengthen the mobile part of our businesses, we are looking to expand our Mobile Centre of Excellence with a developer who can participate, end-to-end, in the App design and development process.
|An exceptional package, career and team! |
|Reporting to the Head of Mobile, you will serve as a Mobile Developer for Maersk Transport & Logistics IT. You will be responsible for Mobile development in terms of understanding the current strategy in this area and envisioning the future.|
To be a successful leader at Maersk, you must be passionate about building and sustaining our business, as well as inspiring and developing our people. As a leader within IT, this is your primary responsibility even in our matrix organisation structure.
Further, in this role:
• You have strong mobile developer experience working on complex mobile apps
• You can model your solutions and comfortably work with offline storage, multi-threading, and performance tuning and are well versed with the Android / iOS eco system
• You are happy to swap hats between different projects and development modules(hybrid/native) supporting and developing new features/apps in a growing Mobile program
• You'll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
• You are an evangelist for best practice in design, development, self-documentation and test
• You pride yourself on always being up to date with the latest frameworks and design paradigms
• Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the team and wider tech community
• You'll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework
• You can quickly run POC's to demonstrate ideas from you or anyone in the team to take it up with senior stakeholders
• You are well versed with the entire process of signing apps and being able to independently submit apps to app stores or internal stores
• You are inquisitive by nature, you'll be enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach of problem solving
• You don't leave things to chance: you write robust, defensible code and you really believe in the benefits of writing tests and high code coverage
|Who we are looking for|
|Must have, proven skills:|
• Ability to analyze and understand a business problem and contribute to devising a solution based on user needs – in close collaboration with business representatives and customers
• A keen interest in the field of mobile and Apps – and the ability to see mobile as only one part of the overall customer experience and the “Digital Ecosystem”
• Strong skills within mobile
• Contemporary ways of working, like Agile Development – Self-driven with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a global, collaborative environment within diverse teams
• Customer-oriented, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality
• Solid written and verbal communication in English, ability to clearly articulate technically complex problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Danish language skills are not required
• Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
• At least 3 years of hands-on in mobile design
• Development experience; Apps (hybrid or native), web (front-end)
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level
• Development of componentized systems such as CMS, transactional, and online self-service portals
• Development of UIs for multi-lingual Apps, including Arabic and Chinese
|>||Last application date: 13 April 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|