Mobile Developer with a Strong Sense of UX
|Maersk – the world’s largest shipping company, founded 1904 – is currently on a journey of digital business transformation, re-inventing both how we interact with our customers and our internal ways of working.|
As part of this journey, the Mobile Centre of Excellence works closely with the business to detect, define, develop, and deliver the most valuable mobile initiatives for Maersk. We believe in the “Mobile where it Matters” approach, analyzing processes, user tasks, and digital ecosystems from a holistic point of view. This allows us to invest our time and resources where we get the most value for money.
To further strengthen the mobile part of our businesses, we are looking to expand our Mobile Centre of Excellence with a developer who can participate, end-to-end, in the App design and development process.
|An exceptional package, career and team! |
|You will be a key contributor in the concept and prototyping process, contributing to UX and UI work. Prototyping and development will be done simultaneously on a “high productivity app development platform”. The platform is drag-and-drop in nature, similar to common design tools, but supports the full spectrum of native App capabilities and will generate a finished App, once the design is completed. You will need a thorough understanding of how development works, but most code will be auto-generated, and we have senior developers available, should we need to extend an App significantly beyond what the platform supports.|
Since we work in an agile manner at the MCoE, some Apps will not pass the prototype stage, while others will end up being fully implemented. Consequently, you can expect to work on a few projects simultaneously, and multiple projects over the year.
You will become part of a small, well-oiled team which interacts with all sub-brands of Maersk across the world – In the last month alone, we have worked with colleagues in Dubai, India, Australia, USA, Guatemala, Kenya, London, The Netherlands, and Tinglev. As a small, innovative unit in a large company, we offer a unique combination of working relatively freely, not being hindered by legacy processes, while still having the “corporate muscle” to deliver several Apps per year. We really love what we do at the MCoE and look forward to welcoming you on board. No tie required.
|Who we are looking for|
|Must have, proven skills:|
• Ability to analyze and understand a business problem and contribute to devising a solution based on user needs – in close collaboration with business representatives and customers
• A keen interest in the field of mobile and Apps – and the ability to see mobile as only one part of the overall customer experience and the “Digital Ecosystem”
• Strong skills within UX design, especially within mobile
• Contemporary ways of working, like Agile Development – Self-driven with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a global, collaborative environment within diverse teams
• Customer-oriented, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality
• Solid written and verbal communication in English, ability to clearly articulate technically complex problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Danish language skills are not required
• Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
• At least 3 years of hands-on in mobile UX and UI design
• Development experience; Apps (hybrid or native), web (front-end)
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level
• Development of componentized systems such as CMS, transactional, and online self-service portals
• Development of UIs for multi-lingual Apps, including Arabic and Chinese
|>||Last application date: 29 December 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|