Senior Developer - C++
|Do you aspire to work on large development projects with complex IT solutions and want to work on a major, business critical application that has a large number of users? Are you structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills? Then this could be the career move for you...|
We are currently talking to self-motivated developers who have the capability to support the Digital transformation of Maersk, and would be keen to talk to you if you have a varied range of experience around C++ development and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle and have experience with IT back-end systems providing high performance and high availability.
As a Senior Development professional we are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global organization.
|We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and challenging yet fun work environment.|
There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Philippines and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. You will be part of a highly-engaged team responsible for changes to several core business critical applications, including our global order and handling system.
We are moving to work in an agile/kanban environment, and participate in daily scrum meetings. Your colleagues will be a range of developers, business and technical analysts, testers and managers, located in Maidenhead, India and Copenhagen.
Your will work out of the Maidenhead office or remotely, and the job (depending on the role) will require travel of 6 – 12 weeks/year to Copenhagen and India mainly.
|As the Senior Developer you will work closely with the project team on the following key tasks:|
• Implement or delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
• Analysis of requirements to design best possible solution
• Develop or ensure code is at high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
• Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the requirements
• Assist in and where appropriate review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design
• Write, deliver code and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications
• Where appropriate, provide guidance to the Development Manager in the development of solutions
• Highlight all risks and issues that affect the development or deliveries
• Directing technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront the project or team.
• Attending to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions
• Demonstrating interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
• Participating in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
• Ability to communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
|Who we are looking for|
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a software developer
• Experience working with Oracle DB.
• Strong C++ skills
• Experience with highly available mission critical software applications
• Windows MFC or related UI development is a plus
BEA Tuxedo knowledge is a plus
• Experience with SOA based systems
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
• Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
• Experience with agile/iterative software development methodologies
• Strong methods mindset and experience with development methods and processes
• Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills
• Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
• Highly motivated and work well under pressure
• Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
• Fact based and result oriented
• Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication is a must
|>||Last application date: 23 June 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|