|LyngbyLocalMaritime Technology||Ref.: MS-160642|
|Do you want to join a market leading company within the Offshore Support Industry? And do you want to apply your mechanical and marine engineering expertise to one of the industry's most respected organisations? Then you should take the opportunity to apply for the role as Mechanical Specialist in our Technical Organisation.|
|Working as Mechanical Specialist at Maersk Supply Service, your overall objective will be to support our operation and our vessels on trouble shooting and take part in modification projects of our vessels. You will be part of our Technical Support Team, where you will get the opportunity to bring your abilities into play in a team of experts. We expect you to be able to solve issues quickly and efficiently while at the same time keeping a firm cost focus. Everything we do must create value to our customers.|
You are expected to be ready to evaluate and assess the technology of the future of our vessels. Furthermore, with your excellent knowledge and focus on safety, innovation and customer satisfaction, you will assist with specification inputs and commissioning for ongoing and future new-building projects.
You will be a point of contact for a wide variety of equipment and technology suppliers in our constant drive for optimising equipment, solutions and systems in order to accommodate our customers and maintain our business in a sustainable way.
In Maersk Supply Service, you will be working with a highly specialised organisation providing reliable, safe and efficient marine services to the global Offshore Industry.
You will be given space to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently, as you join us on our customer journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of advanced offshore marine services.
|On a frequent basis, your key responsibilities will evolve around:|
• Taking ownership of providing technical knowledge to support our operations in remaining our vessel uptime high;
• Maintaining and developing our in-house knowledge base to ensure that we always have the lasted technical knowledge;
• Participating in supplier meetings to define what we require from our suppliers;
• In corporation with the rest of the Technical Organisation, finding ways of standardising and optimising our processes around techical support;
• Building relations between the Technical Support Team and relevant functions across the organisation and not least the offshore environment.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate has excellent allround technical knowledge about offshore support vessels and the regulatory regimes under which such vessels operate. Furthermore, the candidate possess all or most of the following qualifications:|
• Experience with vessel modifications and talent to quickly identify and drive development of the right solution with due consideration to the commercial and regulatory limits;
• Able to simultaneous work with multiple tasks and against tight deadlines;
• Excellent communicator and proficient in the written and spoken English language with knowledge of vessel specific terminology;
• Take-the-lead attitude and has the ability to motivate others in support of new initiatives;
• Pragmatic and open mind-set.
Moreover, you are self-driven and able to alter between in-depth detailed studies and fast-tracked activities where timely delivery is critical. In turn, you can expect to take part in our exiting plans for the future.
The position requires travel time in the range of 40-50 travel days per year.
|>||Last application date: 11 February 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Steen Lykke Pedersen, Head of Technical Support, 45 7373 7482.
|maersksupplyservice.com||Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth.|