|Are you a Test Manager who can successfully define ttest strategies, approaches, plans, and resourcing needs? Are you able to produce timely reporting for deliverables and forecasts, and can you manage resourcing requirements? Maersk are currently hiring for a Test Manager who will be accountable for all test and quality assurance outcomes for assigned product, project, or programme, works across other domains when required to ensure any integration dependencies are identified, understood, planned and executed against. . In this role you will own and manage all deliverables associated with their project to time cost and quality. You are the type of person who constantly looks to drive efficiency and more effective ways of executing test delivery tasks within your domain, while always happy to challenge the normal approach and provide alternatives for improvement.|
If this sounds like you, then read on....
|An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.|
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
|The Test Manager|
• Defines E2E test approach and resource plan for owned deliverables
• Ensures timely delivery of estimates, resource requests and environment bookings
• Has a deep understanding of the technical applications impacted by their change and can develop the test engineering approach to validate the changes requested.
• Day to day management of all Testing and QA resources assigned to their work either directly or indirectly and tracks spend and progress against derived plans.
• Reports on and owns all risks and issues arising from their work
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements where necessary.
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with their peer group across delivery within the domain.
• Mentors and guides junior staff to build overall capability within the department.
• Involved with understanding business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements into Test strategies and approaches.
• Understands and can easily translate the business requirements for change into testable requirements
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
• Provide transparency (working with the Test Management Office) to key stakeholders of testing progress, risks and cost of quality.
• Continually refine and improve the test approach driving in appropriate methods to support the overall delivery approach (Agile, waterfall etc)
|Who we are looking for|
|• Test Management delivery experience through a range of industries and IT systems|
• Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes, practises, and techniques
• Deep technical knowledge and has experience working within both agile and traditional ways of delivering software solutions.
• Used to defining testing strategies that leverage efficiency; service virtualisation, test data requirements automation etc
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
• Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
|>||Last application date: 30 March 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|