Scheduler/Planner for Offshore Operations Centre
|Do you love it when a plan comes together? And would you like to be the one sitting in the middle of it all, coordinating efforts, executing tasks and handling complications along the way to keep plans rolling onwards to completion?|
“If you enjoy making things happen and see the results of your work, this is the job for you. You make ends meet and help our offshore personnel to focus on producing oil and gas by reducing their administrative work,” says scheduling team lead Heinri Ottesen.
|A position that is pivotal to our offshore success, as you help ensure resources are used efficiently and activities will be scheduled optimally.|
If you thrive in having an unpredictable work day, this role will provide you with great variety and unforeseen tasks that challenge your abilities to find solutions and understand the consequences.
You will gain a substantial network both onshore and offshore, as you will be doing hands-on coordination work and reaching out to many different stakeholders.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the main office for all our production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Here, you can look forward to having great colleagues and leaders as well as an attractive remuneration package along with possibilities for both professional and personal development.
|Your overall responsibility will be to schedule activities, coordinate them and maintain schedules that allow for safe and efficient production of oil and gas. Thus, you load activities & resources into our 7 day plans to build a holistic overview of resource utilization and hereby facilitate the scheduling process.|
Daily, you will be briefed on the offshore status and potential tasks and challenges. Accordingly, you find the right solutions, when circumstances require it, e.g. by rescheduling transports, freeing up offshore capacity or coordinate technical back office support, and implement the outcome in the schedule.
Your duties also include:
• Maintaining a clear overview of the volume of prepared activities, prioritizing execution of activities optimally, and connecting them to the right stakeholders offshore and onshore
• Making suggestions on changes and communicating with work preparers and other responsible personnel related to activity planning & execution
• Keeping abreast of constraints, work centre capacities, campaign periods, periods for specialist services, work order priorities and 90 day plans to avoid conflicting scheduling
• Obtaining approval of changes and communicating one execution plan
|Who we are looking for|
|It is essential that you can stay comfortable in an unpredictable working environment. You enjoy taking responsibility and making things happen when deadlines tighten and situations get hectic.|
And being able to stay calm and perform with the team.
You are a people person, outgoing and good at getting people to work together towards a common goal. Naturally, these abilities are substantiated by your great communication skills, particularly in English.
Having experience with operational / maintenance work and projects, you are skilled in producing an integrated schedule of operational and maintenance activities. Also, you probably have an operational/technical background, e.g. from a power station, offshore production, or something similar.
Finally, you need to have:
• Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance practices and principles
• Skills in the use of scheduling tools such as Gantt charts, CMMS scheduling modules and resource histograms as well as skills in SAP
• Skills in assessing and prioritising work based on critical systems and equipment requirements, project commitments, work orders and resource availability
• Ability to work with supervisors to communicate priorities and assign resources required
|>||Last application date: 26 November 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Job related questions: Team Lead, Heinri Ottesen +45 79111220 or HR related questions: Recruiment Partner, Troels Munk +45 40235262.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|