|Do you have solid oil industry experience, some of it within production operations? Would you like to be a key player on all matters affecting well and reservoir potential, technical limits and well operating envelopes of one of our asset fields in the North Sea? Then come join an innovative, well-renowned, and safety-first thinking company. |
|You will have the opportunity to become a focal point for Production Technology, a subset of Maersk Oil’s Subsurface Disciplines division, and work with optimisation of production from our assets. To do so, you will be based within Well Management in Esbjerg.|
This is an operational position that gives you broad insight into our well service and reservoir management operations. Here, you will be sharing knowledge and collaborating with many top specialists and helping implement solutions to enhance production and optimise the well stock.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. We are approximately 550 highly skilled and motivated onshore employees working in the office which has an international workforce and positive atmosphere.
|As Production Technologist, your responsibilities and deliverables range across the project life-cycle, concept generation and selection, through to ongoing production operations and ultimately to suspension and abandonment.|
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Reduce production losses and optimise production system performance of one of the asset fields with line drive water injection in long horizontal wells.
• Integrate knowledge about the asset into well-, reservoir- and facility management activities, and identify and implement data acquisition needs and integrate these into reservoir- and well surveillance plans.
• Follow up on well integrity related issues. Support/secure required corporate dispensations when applicable. Establish well operating envelopes and ensure compliance.
• Provide input to annual asset business planning cycle.
• Support wells on preparation and execution of wireline interventions, coiled tubing interventions and workover programmes incl. economic justification and operational support.
• Develop and support team internal and external communication material including presentations to corporate, partners and authorities.
• Take part in offshore operations at the well site overseeing intervention or well related activities.
|Who we are looking for|
|To succeed in this position, you need to be self-motivated and self-reliant. You possess strong analytical and technical skills, enabling you to function in a multi-disciplinary environment. You are able to think broadly, and understand the consequences of decisions and actions in a broad, operational perspective.|
Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate others to deliver team results. You thrive in a fast paced environment, able to make rapid shifts in priorities and adjust to change.
Your other qualifications include:
• BSC or MSC in engineering discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience in the oil industry, of which at least 3 years in production operations.
• Broad background in well, reservoir and facility management, reservoir studies and well interventions, especially in a mature field environment.
• Solid knowledge of production facilities operations and flow assurance concepts.
• Solid capabilities within well performance analysis and surveillance techniques, gas lift production systems, design, troubleshooting and optimisation.
• Proficient user of Prosper and GAP. Familiarity with the concepts of Digital Oil Field is a benefit.
Fluent in written and spoken technical English.
|>||Last application date: 01 November 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Bjørn Jepsen +45 6012 2680.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|