Electrical Technician - Culzean
|AberdeenLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-147869|
|Maersk Oil became established in the UK in 2005 following the acquisition of Kerr McGee’s UK Assets. We are headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland with two producing assets in the Central North Sea and are also developing the Culzean field, the largest discovery on the UK Continental Shelf for more than a decade, with first gas scheduled in 2019.|
We are currently looking for a Electrical Technician to join our Culzean Asset on a staff basis. A short rotation to Singapore is likely prior to the offshore phase. The role will then go on an even time rota offshore.
|A challenging, stimulating working environment with the opportunity for huge personal and business growth alongside a very competitive salary and benefits package.|
|Responsible for ensuring availability and reliability of installation power distribution system.|
• Participate as a member of the Electrical Engineer’s team in delivering MOUK performance against targets.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
• Ensure necessary preparation for relevant scheduled activities.
• Responsible for completing verification assurance and maintenance routines and maintain quality records.
• Ensure competent in the (asset) electrical safety procedures and to be certified as Authorised Electrical Person.
• Ensure that the underlying causes of failures are understood and that action is taken to avoid repeat failures.
• Bring defects in practices, equipment, tools, to the attention of relevant staff.
• Liaise with projects, vendors and OEMs so as to maintain maintenance plans and documentation.
• Maintain accurate and appropriate maintenance records and ensure that the data is entered into the appropriate information management systems.
• Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
• Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
• Is conversant with the isolation procedures of all electrical equipment.
|Who we are looking for|
|S/NVQ Process Engineering Maintenance (Electrical) Level 3 or equivalent.|
• Valid Electricity at work regs, COMPEX essential.
• Valid HV/LV Switching preferred.
• Knowledge of electrical maintenance practices, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
• Experience in the control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including their procedures.
• Prior experience of the following electrical equipment/systems:
o Generator units, control equipment and protection devices.
o High-tension switchgear, HV cables, control cables and protection devices.
o Explosion protected equipment.
o All testing equipment, meggers, AVO’s and multimeters.
o Testing and fault finding on HV and LV circuits.
o Modify the settings of protection equipment for authorised changes in design.
• Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
|>||Last application date: 06 September 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|