|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan is looking for Reservoir Geologist to be based in Aktau, Kazakhstan 5 days on /2 days off. The position is only for Kazakhstan citizens.|
|Maersk Oil is a fully-owned subsidiary of the global conglomerate, the Maersk Group operates in more than 130 countries. The Maersk Group has five core businesses which besides Maersk Oil include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Drilling and APM Shipping Services, which combines the four business units – Maersk Supply Service, Svitzer, Maersk Tankers and Damco.|
In Kazakhstan Maersk Oil has a 60% operating interest of the onshore Dunga field in the Mangystau region. The remaining 40% belong to Partex Corporation and Oman Oil Company Limited holding a 20% share each.
This role represents a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting onshore field development plan, with an abundance of subsurface data having been collected via drilling of >200 wells on the Dunga Field to date. The Dunga field produces around 14,000 bopd and Maersk have an ambition to grow this significantly within the coming years
|• Provision of technical expertise in all areas of geology to optimize development and production.|
• Building and maintaining static reservoir models
• Integration with Reservoir Engineering colleagues to ensure geoscience related uncertainties impacting dynamic modelling workflows are well documented.
• Broad understanding of Petrophysical theory and link to reservoir modelling inputs.
• Coordination of reserves estimation in compliance to SPE definitions
• Active participation in Maersk Oil’s Wells, Reservoir & Facility Management process (WRFM) to optimise daily production and identify value adding investment opportunities at the Dunga Field.
• Responsibility for geoscience input to drilling, completion, stimulation, test and work-over programs
• Provision of geoscience input to Maersk Oil Kazakhstan procedures, guidelines, and standards
• Provision of geoscience input for tenders and contracts
• Preparation of technical presentations for stakeholder engagement and decision support purposes.
• Supervision and quality control of work from contractors and design institutes
• Representing the company in meetings with regulatory authorities.
• Proactive participation in optimizing field development, workflows and processes
• Mentoring of junior geoscientists within the Dunga Asset organisation.
|Who we are looking for|
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan is seeking an experienced Reservoir Geologist to join the Reservoir Management Team within our Dunga Asset Organisation. The position will report directly to the Head of Reservoir Management.|
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience working in onshore oilfield development projects and should be proficient in static reservoir model building (Petrel Simulation Platform). Expertise in thin bed clastic depositional environments, RoK regulatory frameworks and understanding of SPE standard Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) best practise are highly desirable.
Applicants should be fluent in English & Russian, demonstrate a positive attitude towards problem solving, and have a collaborative nature. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to meet the stakeholder management aspects of the role.
|>||Last application date: 30 November 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|