Head of Project Management
|Do you have a track record of delivering multi-billion dollar hydrocarbon projects safely on time and on budget? |
We have sanctioned two multi-billion dollar projects in the last 12 months and this role provides you with the opportunity to shape how these and future projects are delivered.
This is your opportunity to define, shape and enhance our project management capabilities within the Upstream company.
|Maersk Oil has an ambitious growth strategy and the ability to make counter cyclical investments. We offer you the opportunity to shape how these investments are managed and return maximum value to our organisation.|
We require your skills and experience to ensure that these significant investment opportunities are managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, efficiency and competitiveness.
As the Head of Project Management you will have exposure and visibility at the highest level of the organisation, guaranteeing you the access and recognition required to deliver your objectives.
From our corporate headquarters in Copenhagen you will define how multi-billion dollar projects are delivered, promote project management skills as a key discipline and take satisfaction from your work delivering significant growth in our production.
We offer you an opportunity to act as coach and mentor to our senior project directors and the chance to build a common vision, break down silos and ensure the integration across all functions required to deliver our projects.
• Responsible for the development of world-class project management cadre of professionals who can delivery major projects safely, cost competitively and with quality.
• Identify root / underlying deficiencies in project management within Maersk Oil and develop a curriculum to mitigate these risks.
• Responsible for developing new process and maintaining existing processes, setting expectations and providing project and Business Unit guidance on project management and project services processes in the areas of risk management, information management / document control, cost control / management, project change, planning and scheduling, probabilistic modelling, staffing plans and project progress measurement and reporting.
• Understand and communicating the boundaries and interactions between Project Management and other related functions. Manage the interfaces with other corporate functions incl. Procurement, Finance, Operations (IAP), Information Solutions to ensure alignment in the development and use of Project Management processes and tools.
• Ensure steer and alignment between projects and BU’s and between corporate functions issues related to Project Management terminology e.g. Earned Value Management and ensure that processes and tools are developed in a consistent way in this regard.
|Who we are looking for|
|A proven track record of successfully delivering major upstream oil and gas projects is essential for this position. Prior experience in both offshore and onshore projects is highly desirable. |
You should have experience leading conception selection studies all the way through project execution including start-up. A prior history of international project assignments with commercial integration and demonstrable success in stakeholder management will be key to being effective in this position.
In additional to leading onshore and offshore projects, some exposure to challenging environments such as deep water and/or HPHT would be valuable.
You should be a natural integrator capable of building a common vision, driving teams to deliver whilst maintaining a focus on safety and quality.
You should also be a natural influencer who easily builds strong relationships across the organization and creates followership.
This is an exciting job opportunity working for a company with ambitious growth plans. It is expected that the successful candidate will be in this functional role for a couple of years and then be redeployed onto a strategic major project as a program director.
|>||Last application date: 30 June 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|