|NingboLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: DC-105115|
|Develop and maintain local relationship with the shippers / consignees and client sourcing offices. Drive new business development and deliver sales targets with the full range of Damco product and service offerings to achieve the growth ambition in line with the One Damco initiatives. Support customer service offices to deliver second-to-none service levels. Keep abreast of the latest development in the local market and position the customer support function as a significant growth engine and unique differentiator for Damco.|
- Business development and commercial development skills
- Business insight of customer offerings and market development
- Understanding operational excellence, innovation, and appropriate application
- Networking ability with customers and account management within country and region
- Developing influencing skills
- Developing strong network in the Logistics & Supply chain management (FFW) domain
- Manage local relationship with the existing SCM shippers and client sourcing offices to ensure these are well maintained. Expand the network to the non-SCM related departments in the shippers’ organization to maximize the total growth potential.
- Develop relationship with the new shippers and client sourcing offices in connection with the new client implementation.
- Continuously explore the business development opportunities by offering the right Damco product and services with the proper value proposition.
- Independently drive sales target with the full range of Damco product and service offerings, in line with the NAS regional/local business strategies and growth plans.
- Transfer the solution type of sales leads to the Strategic Sales and/or Key Account Management team.
- Support customer service offices by conducting local workshops and education sessions for shippers. Facilitate customer and destination visits to make sure these are well arranged, especially at the locations where Damco do not have a CSO.
- Continue to drive service excellence by focusing on the relevant client specific KPIs and vendor compliance performance.
- Follow up with overdue AR and ensure settlement within agreed timeline.
- Be the local prime mover on shipper education for projects related to systems and new procedures, e.g. Damco Shipper Portal, 10+2 etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the market insights in terms of local regulations and practices, key trends as well as the competitive situation.
- Support development of new Damco service offerings by regularly sharing the new business requirements with the relevant product teams (Ocean, Air, SCM and VAS).
|Who we are looking for|
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in business or related field/ Supply Chain and logistics experience will be preferred.
- 3-5 years of logistics industry experience with the strong understanding of the local practices
- Strong commercial awareness with a passion for customer satisfaction and service excellence
- Business acumen across all Damco service offerings and the ability to link the right product with the specific business development opportunity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong drive, initiative and engagement to achieve ambitious sales targets
- Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to balance operational priorities with commercial imperatives.
- Ability to organize events to continuously improve shipper relationship via workshop, destination visit and meeting with local Damco teams etc.
- Preferably experience from sales and marketing
- Preferably experience from sourcing of service and/or goods
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin
|damco.com||Objectives of the Position |
The Customer Support is responsible to:
- Take full ownership of the local relationship with the shippers/consignees and client sourcing offices
- Drive specific business development and sales target to fulfill the growth potential
- Continue to drive service excellence
- Develop full insight of the local market development
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Enhance customer relationships
- Up-sell of VAS and standard freight products to overseas controlled customers
- Conduct local workshops and education sessions for shippers
| ||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|