Managing Director - WACT Onne
|OnneLocal/ExpatGeneral Management||Ref.: AT-098926|
|West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is located in the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone; it caters for greater Port Harcourt and eastern Nigeria, including the local substantial Oil industry. The closest gateway to the fast-growing Eastern Nigerian markets. WACT is a fully owned APMM facility which serves a local market estimated to be 350,000 TEUs. For WACT Onne, we are seeking a Managing Director who will Lead and direct the organization towards its primary objectives, based on profit and return on capital, growth projections, and development of new business and expansion of scope of existing business.|
Develops and transfers world-class Terminals operations, engineering/technical & procurement capabilities, competencies and expertise to the local business (terminal)
Based in Onne, and reporting to the APM Terminals Head for Nigeria & Benin Portfolio, the Managing Director will work closely with terminal management teams within the portfolio.
|•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the portfolio.|
•Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
- Define, develop, and execute visions & strategies for the terminal, including business planning and budgeting.
- Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships relevant stakeholders , which includes but not limited to:
- Determining and executing investments for new equipment, systems, and expansions in the existing terminal
- Select, negotiate, and enter into binding agreements with suppliers and customers including remaining accountable for execution and maintenance of agreed service levels.
- Determining appropriate staffing levels, managing recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, in accordance with legal and company requirements
- Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure Financial procedures are aligned with National and International standards
- Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems as applicable locally as well as in conjunction with other Terminals.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, security, safety & environmental management, including use of APMT Global tool where available.
- Organize, coach, challenge, & develop staff
- Risk Management:
- Identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company
- Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with APM Group policies
|Who we are looking for|
- The position requires a Professional Standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise and broad management experience.
- Minimum a college degree from an accredited international university. Advanced degree in management, such as an MBA is highly desirable.
- Executive and managerial experience in container terminal operations including experience in an international assignment.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of marine terminal operations, the shipping and logistics management industry.
- indepth Commercial mindset & skills
- Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Proven track record of achieving high level of terminal productivity and other relevant success criteria.
- Stakeholder Management - strong network of contacts within the shipping industry, the local communities, and the government.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, and in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
|>||Last application date: 13 April 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|