|Damco (a part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group) is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. The Global Service Centres serve the Damco business through its off shored sites with its state of the art information technology and dedicated employees. Damco is the second largest customer of the Global Service Centres. Today we have around 1,500 people working for Damco in the Global Service Centres with activities located in Chennai, Manila and Mumbai. The main processes we perform are Supply Chain Management, Forwarding, Customs Brokerage, Analysis and Reporting, Application Support, Value Added Services, 4 PL, Business Control, Business Intelligence and Finance|
|As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.|
• Accounting of GL Transaction and verification of ledgers on monthly basis.
• Good knowledge of accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, Bank reconciliations etc.
• P&L variance analysis with business explanations for month on month developments.
• Month end reporting – P&L, Balance Sheet, ICP, Cash Flow, etc.
• Ageing reports – vendors/customers and performing sub-ledger recons.
• Validate sub-ledger open items on timely basis.
• Balance sheet account reconciliation and follow-up on open items with Operation department, HR, AP, AR team & third parties.
• Maintain general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions.
• Preparing various management reports.
• Communicating with stakeholders via email, telephone, VC, etc.
|Who we are looking for|
|• CA / ICWAI/ MBA with 2-5 years of experience with Prior financial accounting (GL) experience. |
• Sound knowledge in accounting & reporting tasks.
• Proficient in MS Excel & good knowledge of SAP.
• Good communication skills.
• Analytical & Problem solving ability for trouble shooting.
• Update on all new developments within the process, local GAAP & IFRS.
• Preferably having hand on experience on Hyperion Financial Management tool.
|>||Last application date: 31 July 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.|