|HalifaxLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: SV-086946|
|This is a truly unique and very exciting position for a commercial and business development savvy selfstarter !!|
The position of Branch Manager is primarily responsible for establishing and managing customer and key stakeholder relationships throughout the Province of Quebec, with a specific focus on the Port of Quebec and the Port of Montreal; managing the local office in Quebec city; gathering market intelligence and laying groundwork for developing new customers and markets. The Branch Manager will contribute to the overall goals of the country’s commercial function, providing in-depth analytical support, providing key contribution to the preparation of business cases for new opportunities, preparing sales material, structuring agreements and other ad-hoc support to Svitzer Canada’s commercial activity.
|The Branch Manager reports directly to the Country Manager of Svitzer Canada and indirectly to the Canadian Commercial Manager.|
Joining Svitzer you will be part of a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining an entrepreneurial mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
|Main tasks include:|
• Establish strong and commercially viable relationships with shipping lines, maritime agents, local/provincial/federal authorities and other key commercial stakeholders in Quebec City and Montreal.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of the local office in Quebec with overall objective of establishing a regional presence.
• Maintain communication between the local office and Svitzer Canada management with daily engagement, weekly status reports and monthly country calls regarding operations and productivity.
• Develop recommendations and provides feedback to management regarding operational policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all activities within Svitzer Canada commercial activity are consistent with established Svitzer Group principles, guidelines, and values.
• Gather market intelligence on clients and competitors with a specific focus on identifying contracted/non-contracted clients and mapping timeline for current and future opportunities.
• Prepare compelling business cases, including writing memos and reviewing financial models.
• Take part in the negotiation of commercial agreements with clients.
• Monitor the continuous satisfaction of customers and clients.
|Who we are looking for|
|Required/Preferred Training & Competencies|
• Developing new business or expanding existing business.
• Excellent business communication skills for both external and internal audiences.
• Excellent business writing skills.
• Analytical abilities.
• Time-management skills.
• Ability to forge strong relationships with commercial stakeholders.
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills, with initiative, prepared to make a difference and interact with diverse counterparts both, internally and externally.
• Strong and creative MS Office Suite skills.
• University-level degree (Business Administration, Shipping, or related).
• Written and oral fluency in both French and English is a key requirement of the position.
• Legal and/or maritime background an asset.
• Existing Quebec maritime network an asset.
|>||Last application date: 18 October 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|