Import Customer Service Agent
|DammamLocalCustomer Service||Ref.: ML-086441|
• Responsible for handling related import tasks
• Responsible for Handling all the import customer service operations directed to serve customers under the Saudi cluster (Saudi, Yemen & Bahrain) scope of responsibility.
• Longstanding follow-up.
• Ensure prompt and professional response to customer queries.
• Ensure prompt and professional response to internal queries.
• Handle all activities in line with Maersk Line procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure all Arrival Notices have been sent in timely fashion to customers.
• Ensure follow-up on IMPORT longstanding containers and update remarks in CODS.
• Handle DO amendment queries (on ad hoc basis).
• Coordinate with booking office for short-shipped containers and provide update to customers.
• Handle re-export shipment (in co-ordination with customs, exporter and broker).
• Ensure accuracy of SCV (check / amend fax and e-mail address in SCV communication preferences in any case of missing arrival notice or complaint).
• Ensure 100% of import tasks are attended and closed prior vessel arrival.
• Attend daily Email with 0 pending Emails.
• Answer all phones and response to customer requirements.
• Follow-up with GSC on off-shored tasks.
• Ensure recovery of ad-hoc expenses (for example stripping charge, shifting charge) by timely update of GCSS.
• Coordinate with GSC and follow up long layover container at port, transhipment port and with customers.
Key Performance Measurements:
• Zero pending Emails.
• Longstanding Follow-up.
• Timely pending task closure.
• Phone attendance. (abandoned call% , number of calls handled)
|Who we are looking for|
|Key skills for the role|
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and MSK systems.
• Good working knowledge of Maersk Line processes.
• Process minded with clear systems thinking and a drive to minimise exceptions and variations.
• Good team player.
• Good written skills towards all stakeholders.
• Strong command of the English and Arabic language.
• Analytical by nature and speaks with data when proposing a solution.
• Flexible attitude to working hours.
Technical and Academic skills:
• Recognised further education certificate in a relevant subject area such as university graduate and experienced in shipping lines.
• 1-3 years experience in Customer Service.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Office based, computer driven work, with regular coordination visits to customers , port and customs authorities.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|