Senior Risk and Safety Engineer
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently looking to strengthen it's technical safety team working in support of the facilities we have in the Al Shaheen Field. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Safety Engineer to apply knowledge acquired across a varied career. In this position you will help implement new processes in a business unit responsible for 300,000 barrels of oil production per day, with the distinct possibility that you will be helping to set the future technical standards for the entire global organisation. Candidates having worked to the safety case model will be of particular interest for this challenging role. |
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Senior Safety Engineer shall contribute to the common objectives of the Process Engineering & Technical Safety department within the Technical Assurance function. This will include, but not limited to:|
• Provide technical assurance support to the Asset, Field Development Projects and Operations departments
• Respond to technical queries from functional groups, field development and brownfield projects
• Provides technical direction to functional groups where requested
• Ensure projects and activities follow company processes and systems
• Undertake and manage discipline assurance studies
• Support process safety related initiatives
• Mentor younger engineers
• Support Qatarization program
|Who we are looking for|
|University degree in chemical (process) engineering or first degree plus masters in safety engineering |
Minimum 15 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience.
Experience of working to a 'safety case' model is a distinct advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written
• Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment
• Have a proven and good knowledge and understanding of risk analysis and techncial safety engineering in offshore applications
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|