|To provide Structural Engineering support to Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) in accordance with approved procedures and guidelines, design limitations, technical standards and legislative requirements.|
Ensure structural integrity analysis of all structures in the AL Shaheen field is up to date and show compliance to agreed standard
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
|Key Engineering activities include:|
• Technical assurance of structural engineering deliverables.
• Prepare scope of work and suitable methodology for structural assurance work.
• Review risk based inspection planning
• Understand and contribute to the technical content of the Maersk Oil technical standards, procedures and guidelines
• Support the TA-2/3 in review and acceptance of waivers and technical queries.
• Action and close out assigned Synergy actions in a timely manner.
• Assessment of Field modification Proposals (FMP)
• Prepare mechanical handling of heavy items.
• Be responsible for the development of design performance standards relating to structural systems.
• Provide engineering support for structural design related issues to field development plans.
• Participate in Task Risk Assessments as required.
Support the Management of Change.
• Providing input into the technical content of facility modification proposals enhancing the management of change process through the technical assurance route.
• Review of structural design
• Visit offshore installations to gain an understanding and clarification of structural issues that may have arisen and be responsible for that the issue is fully understood and the appropriate solution is identified and documented in the management of change procedure.
• Be responsible for identifying long term solutions for assigned tasks related to issues that are deemed safety critical / urgent / high value to key stakeholders.
• Participate, when requested, in TOPSET investigations.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor or Master degree in Structural, Civil or Mechanical engineering from a recognized University |
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the offshore industry
• Preferably from design offices or operating company
Have a proven knowledge and understanding of:
• International standard for offshore structures
• Constructability in an incident free environment
• Management of engineering contractors.
• Lifecycle Management.
• Brownfield modifications (detailed engineering) and Greenfield platforms (detailed engineering).
• Maersk Oil Technical Standards MOTS.
• Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards MODES.
• Team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
• Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|