Chief Officer - Tanker
|SingaporeLocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: MT-074463|
|Inviting experienced Chief Officer for our Tanker Fleet |
|A key position in the world’s largest Tanker shipping company. You will have challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels with the best and latest machinery. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.|
|• To ensure Safe, efficient and cost-effective operations, in accordance with the Master' instructions,|
• To ensure relevant legislation, and the Company's Shipnet System.
• To ensure The Chief Officer shall keep the Master, the Shipboard Management Team and other
• To ensure functions on board well informed so that they can co-ordinate and control activities, thereby maximising safety, quality and environmental protection.
• To report to the Master such defects, non-conformances and other matters which could present a risk to health and safety, pollution, quality of work and operational performance.
• To keep himself informed of all matters concerning vessel's operations enabling him to take command in cases of necessity.
• To navigate the vessel when on bridge watch.
• To control the stability, trim and seaworthiness of the vessel as prescribed by the Company and relevant international rules and regulations.
• To ensure safe stability, trim and seaworthiness in connection with any ballast operation which might be raised e.g. with bunker-transfer, mid-ocean ballast exchange and any cargo operation.
• To prepare the vessel's cargo system and cargo compartments ready for cargo.
• To control loading and unloading of cargo and its treatment during the voyage, is effectuated in accordance with applicable rules, instructions and contracts.
• To control and supervise officers, ratings' daily working plans, associated with watch and work routines.
• To examine within the scope of responsibility overtime forms prepared by officers and ratings.
• To instruct and supervise Officers and Ratings of the vessel in the use of safety, environmental protection, fire fighting and life saving equipment.
• To Propose to the Master necessary training requirements concerning officers and crew.
• To ensure Training of supervised personnel which includes:
2. Health and safety.
3. Environmental protection.
4. Use of manuals and procedures.
5. Proper use of equipment.
6. Standard operating practices.
• To take measures to protect the vessel and its equipment and prevent incorrect methods.
• To control all areas of the vessel belonging to his field of responsibility are kept clean and tidy, and in good working condition.
• To manage and supervise checks, maintenance and repairs of deck and hull items as delegated by the Master in cooperation with the Chief Engineer when the latter has the function of head of vessel's maintenance.
• To ensure that work and follow up of Critical equipment and spares are done as per Management of Critical equipment procedure .
|Who we are looking for|
|Chief Officer with minimum 2- 3 years in rank experience on Tanker Vessel|
|>||Last application date: 01 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersktankers.com||Maersk Tankers owns and operates one of the largest product tanker fleets in the world – all built and operated in accordance with the highest standards for quality and reliability. We acquired our first dedicated tanker in 1928, and we’ve been expanding and improving our fleet to meet changing customer needs ever since. Driven by our innovative spirit and commitment to first-class service, we never stop striving to offer safer, more environmentally friendly and more cost-effective transport solutions for our customers around the world.|