Senior Exploration Geoscientist
|To strengthen our exploration team in Stavanger, we are now seeking an experienced Senior Exploration Geoscientist with a strong geophysical background.|
|Maersk Oil Norway AS currently employs nearly 90 people in Stavanger. The team is a multi-cultural group that is proud of its initial success and ability to work closely together across technical and commercial disciplines, and with other companies.|
Our Norway portfolio comprises 19 licenses (5 operated) in the North Sea, Barents Sea and the Norwegian Sea. Discoveries have been made in 4 of these licenses including the Johan Sverdrup field.
The Johan Sverdrup development project is significant for Maersk Oil and has been identified as one of the top contributors to add to our production growth. For Maersk Oil Norway this is an important step on our Norway journey as we want to build a material business in Norway.
We offer a career in a global upstream oil & gas company, with competitive benefits in a dynamic and professional work environment.
|• Lead geoscientist capable of working independently and also contributing to complex multidisciplinary technical projects|
• Staff development; identify and grow talents, mentor and train staff, and help the team to reach its objectives
• Assist in developing strategies, communicating with stakeholders and growing the company in Norway
• Generate, screen and assess new investment opportunities
• Identify and execute value adding work in existing JVs
• Represent Maersk Oil at Licence Committee Meetings, Conferences, etc. as required
• Identify and communicate technology needs, technical best practices and where necessary challenge conventional wisdom
• Consultative role in Maersk Oil assurance and QC processes contributing to decision making through technical knowledge
• Provide leadership by living the Maersk Group Values, following HSE and best practices and utilizing Maersk Oil Exploration Management Systems and Processes
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a geoscientist with:|
• 15+ years proven geophysical interpretational background, integrating geophysical and well data
• Strong depth-conversion capabilities and competent user of specialist software (spectral analysis, etc.)
• Broad and deep understanding of exploration geology and geophysics, and ability to integrate across disciplines and lead projects
• Ability to solve complex challenges based on accurate identification of underlying factors and causes, being aware of the impact of proposed solutions
• Strong operational background and experience
• Good working knowledge of petroleum systems on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and able to contribute in international projects in Maersk Oil
|>||Last application date: 01 June 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|