Head of Structures and Pipelines (S&P) Engineering
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar.|
|We offer competitive salary in a tax-free country and family status terms and relocation to Doha if required. |
|Head of S&P is responsible for running the structural and pipeline team in Facility and Project (F&P) - Engineering and for technical management of the wider Structural as well as Pipeline disciplines within Maersk Oil Qatar including engineers on projects and engineers in Inspection and Reliability (I&R). The role is combined with the role as Structural TA2|
It is the Discipline Head's responsibility to run the team based on the situational leadership philosophy guide, mentor or delegate depending of the task and the persons capacity, it is also the responsibility of the Discipline Head in corporation with the TA2 and chief engineer in corporate to set detailed design and assurance criteria’s for the structure’s and pipeline in the Al Shaheen field.
The TA 2 is responsible for approving deviations from Company standards and will also have a role as mentor for other structural engineers.
The Head of S&P has the overall responsibility for:
• Interdisciplinary coordination
• Roll out of new Standards and procedures
• Technical Authority on structural design and operation.
• Responsible for Structural Integrity Management
• Responsible for framing the scope of work and suitable methodology for structural assurance work.
• Provide analysis results for inspection planning
• Provide analysis results for future development
• Approval of risk based inspection planning for structure
• Assessment of inspection results
• Pipeline integrity management
• Approval of risk based inspection planning for Pipeline
• Pipeline abandonment management
• Pipeline crossings proposed by 3rd party
• Definition of live and environmental loads
• Update of environmental data
• Technical content of the Maersk Oil technical standards, procedures and guidelines are up to date and technically sound
• Transition from API RP2A WSD to ISO 19900 for structural analysis
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor or Master degree in Pipeline, Structural, Civil or Mechanical engineering from a recognized University |
• Minimum 15-20 years of experience in the offshore industry, preferably from design offices as well as operating company
Have a proven and detailed knowledge and excellent understanding of:
• Management methods
• International standard for offshore structures
• Constructability in an incident free environment
• Management of engineering contractors.
• Lifecycle Management.
• Structural analysis of jackets.
• Risk Based inspection planning
• Maersk Oil Technical Standards MOTS.
• Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards MODES.
• Team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
• Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|