Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor, Drilling
|Do you have experience with offshore safety standards? And would you like to apply your knowledge in an exciting onshore position where you help strengthen our Operational Safety efforts as our new HSE Advisor in the Danish Business Unit? Then this position could be the right move for you. |
|A unique opportunity for a skilled professional with a background in drilling or well services combined with strong knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues. You will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and be a driving force behind our HSE efforts.|
As HSE Advisor, you will take on an interesting and diverse onshore position and be part of a vibrant engineering environment. You will collaborate with some of the world’s top companies within safety and work with numerous internal and external stakeholders as you seek to maintain and develop this area.
Overall, you will have excellent learning and development opportunities within the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group. You will be one of 2 key advisors who provide direct support to the Head of WELLS in regard to all HSE matters.
|Your main focus area will be to establish, maintain and monitor Health, Safety and Environmental performance in drilling, well services and other subsurface activities. This includes supporting operational teams as well as our contractors in achieving world class HSE performance. As part of this you will collaborate closely with top management and other stakeholders. |
Some of you key responsibilities will be to:
• Pre-evaluate new rigs and verify that all risks have been mitigated to an acceptable level in connection with rig moves
• Prepare safety programmes, initiatives and action plans for the drilling rigs
• Ensure that all activities carried out by contractors and service companies are performed in compliance with applicable company procedures and governmental rules and regulations
• Ensure close cooperation with the rig teams by conducting regular meetings and follow-up
• Maintain Management Systems and Operational Safety Procedures
• Plan and execute risk evaluations, safety inspections and audits offshore and onshore as well as lead and participate in incident investigations
|Who we are looking for|
|We expect that you have a technical or engineering background at BSc level or equivalent and preferably a couple of years’ experience in a similar role. |
In this position, it is important that you are able to collaborate with – as well as engage and challenge – managers and stakeholders. Therefore, you are a skilled communicator and networker, and you understand how to motivate the people you work with. Furthermore, you are systematic and analytical in your approach to work, and you are self-driven, always taking the initiative to get things done.
• You have broad experience from offshore oil and gas drilling operations, preferably from the North Sea
• Strong knowledge of and experience with HSE and the Danish Offshore Safety Act
• You have thorough knowledge of offshore safety standards and best practices and you are able to translate these into meaningful regulations and guidelines for your colleagues
• You probably have experience as a lead investigator and lead auditor
• You speak and write English at a high level
|>||Last application date: 12 May 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|