Head of Instrument and Electrical / Technical Authority 2 Instrumentation
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently recruiting for a Head of Instrument and Electrical Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to build and extend upon previous managerial expertise. With this role also including the duties of Technical Authority of Instrumentation, the position offers an excellent balance of managerial responsibility with the opportunity to keep at the sharp end of technical standards and innovations. |
The main focus of the role is the management and development of the Electrical & Instrument team in the Facilities & Project department. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the company standards and procedures are followed, monitoring and approving the technical content of controlled items and waivers from company approved technical standards.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|With a strong focus on safety and operability, manage the Electrical & Instrument team in the Facilities & Project department and be responsible for providing Electrical and Instrument Technical Authority support to key stakeholders from the Asset Engineering team, Asset Integrity & Reliability team and Field Development teams.|
Key Team Management responsibilities:
• Day to day management of the Electrical & Instrument team.
• Set objectives and key performance indicators.
• Conduct mid-year review and performance appraisals.
• Prioritise and allocate workload and delegate responsibility based on expertise and resource availability.
• Coaching, mentoring and personal development.
• Estimate future staffing requirements in coordination with the Head of Engineering.
Key Technical Authority activities:
• Approve waiver requests to individual requirements in the MOTS and liaise with the TA-1 for waivers against the MODES.
• For continued use of degraded safety critical systems, approve fitness for service assessments and performance standards.
• Approve responses to actions from HAZOP’s and HAZID’s.
• Approve and guide TA-3’s.
• Provide functional authority to asset or site technical discipline personnel.
• Ensure that TA-3’s assigned to projects/teams are competent to perform their duties.
• Ensure that the TA-3’s are fulfilling their duties and not exceeding their authorities.
• Provide TA for those engineering issues above the authority of the TA-3’s.
• Discipline ownership of maintenance strategies/manuals and performance management of discipline systems.
• Approve safety critical deferrals.
• Assess and approve relevant management of change requests within discipline area.
• Be responsible for ensuring that the technical content of the MODES, MOTS, procedures and guidelines are up to date and technically sound.
• Be responsible for the development of Performance Standards relating to instrument systems.
• Provide technical input into the Design Safety case.
• Provide engineering support for instrument discipline related issues to Field Development Plans.
• Ad-hoc support in the review of design documentation at the request of Production Operations & I&R.
• Be responsible for review and acceptance of AS BUILT drawings.
• Participate in Audits as required.
• Responsible for the development of local standards and guidelines as required.
Support the Management of Change:
• Be responsible for providing input into the technical content of Facility Modification Proposals enhancing the management of change process through the technical assurance route.
• Be responsible for review and approval of Safety System Changes within the Instrument discipline.
• Participate in HAZOP’s and HAZID’s when required.
• Visit offshore installations to gain an understanding and clarification of the issues that may have arisen within the instrument discipline.
• Be responsible for identifying long term solutions for assigned tasks related to issues that are deemed safety critical / urgent / high value to key stakeholders.
• Participate, when appropriate, and contribute to near miss investigations by providing the technical expertise in the control & instrument discipline.
• Participate, when requested, in TOPSET investigations.
• Participate in task / operational risk assessments.
• Peer review.
|Who we are looking for|
|• University degree in electrical or electronics or instrumentation engineering.|
• Minimum 17-20 years of experience (10 years at senior level) in the Oil and gas upstream processing facilities.
• Have a proven and detailed knowledge and excellent understanding of:
• Team management / Leading others.
• Excellent understanding of control and safety systems, instrument field equipment, communication systems and IT systems/IT security. Preferable knowledge about Siemens and ABB control and safety systems.
• Experience of the principles and practice of Functional Safety to IEC61508/61511 inclusive of Safety Instrumented Function design.
• Management of engineering contractors.
• Lifecycle Management.
• International Industry Standards applicable to control and safety systems and field instrumentation.
• The requirements for electrical equipment in hazardous areas and ATEX/IECEx certification.
• Brownfield modifications (detailed engineering) and Greenfield platforms (detailed engineering).
• Construction, installation and hook-up and commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
• Maersk Oil Technical Standards MOTS (preferably).
• Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards MODES (preferably).
• The electrical discipline in the offshore oil & gas applications (preferably).
• Team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
• Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|