Technical Service Owner
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing digital solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us in Maersk Technology as we re-think what technology can do. |
Established approximately 6 months ago, the Industrial Technology is a specialized function with focus on engineering and services for the Industrial domain including vessels, containers, terminals, warehouses etc. We are growing in numbers to cater for the increasing demand of services leveraging the vast amount of data that our fleet of vessels and containers already generate or can be enabled to generate.
To shape future of our Hardware solutions and IOT platform, we are looking for a driven Product Delivery Owner to join Industrial Technology Organization in Maersk Technology.
|An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous profes-sional and personal development. Maersk Technology offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high per-formance, results, and respect for our employees.|
As Technical Service owner, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as under-stand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business and how use of Internet of things improving asset management.
You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stake-holders across all management levels within Maersk. Your role is to ensure best in class service delivery towards business outcome owners. In your role you would be responsible to manage hardware solution for local MNO base station on ves-sel and Cloud based IOT platform.
You will join a team of currently 50+ highly skilled employees in Copenhagen and Pune, India aiming to grow further over next 6-9 months.
The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk’s reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
|In this role your tasks will include:|
• Service ownership for key IOT platform and hardware solutions. Building deep and meaningful relationships with the Business Outcome Owners, and stakeholders from the different product areas understanding their needs, constraints and aspirations.
• Co-own the vision and roadmap for the IOT platform to ensure that this is well understood across the technology organization through appropriate communications.
• Forming a deep and trusted relationship with the team to become the key decision maker; making pragmatic trade-offs between business outcomes and technology requirements and leveraging their teams’ capability and insight to contribute to the platform and Hardware solutions.
• Ensure service availability and reliability as per defined SLAs. Set up capability that works 24x7.
• Be the point contact for the IOT platform and hardware solutions for the wider technology organization
• Build and lead teams who are highly capable of thinking end-to-end about the impact of our technology work, maximizing value and minimizing future cost of change / total cost of ownership.
• Ensure delivery is in accordance with product backlog as well as product vision, roadmap, objectives and key results and in alignment with business goals. Continuously monitor technical debt and ensure the debt is managed with appropriate priority given the business context. Ensure costs effectiveness of the team and manages finance.
• Track and articulate business value delivered.
• Liaise with business on significant changes scope, time or funding
• Ensure scope alignment to architecture and security governance
• Work closely with the vendors to ensure proper delivery of planned optimizations within delivery dates and with the agreed levels of quality
• Manage and work in alignment with the existing processes based on ITIL such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Release Management, etc.
• Accountable for the continual service improvements (CSI)
|Who we are looking for|
|Experience working as a Service owner or in similar roles for at least 5+ years. |
• Ideally a computer science masters or graduate with deep understanding of hardware and cloud technologies. Have build and/or supported global software and hardware platforms.
• Good understanding of networks, communication technologies such as GSM, NFC, BLE etc.
• Proven track record in service level management and incident management for global services.
• Excellent collaboration, stakeholder management and communication skills, able to build and maintain relationship and bring people together to work towards outcomes such as resolving incidents or planning major changes.
• Ability to manage hardware platform for IOT communications on different vessel classes where vessel owners could be internals or externals.
• Highly self-motivated with strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Work collaboratively with support and development team located at different geographical locations.
• Strong team player with a positive attitude and high attention to details
• Ability to work and build networks in a cross-functional, matrix organization
|>||Last application date: 28 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Magdalena.Palac@maersk.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|