Senior Software Engineer with Java
|The successful candidate will be working as a member of an Agile development team working within a cross functional teams to develop existing and new testing libraries and frameworks covering functional and / or performance test automation.|
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working
|As the Senior Software Developer you will work closely with the project team on the following key tasks:|
• Implement or delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
• Analysis of requirements to design best possible solution
• Develop or ensure code is at high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
• Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the requirements
• Assist in and where appropriate review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design
• Write, deliver code and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications
• Where appropriate, provide guidance to peers in the development of solutions
• Highlight all risks and issues that affect the development or deliveries
• Directing technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront the project or team.
• Attending to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions
• Demonstrating interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
• Participating in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
• Ability to communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
|Who we are looking for|
• Strong career as a Software Developer
• Experience with working on large scale global teams
• Very Strong Java skills / Java 8, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
• Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
• Experience of modern technologies e.g. REST API, Microservices
• Experience working with Cloud platform.
• Experience in delivering CI/CD related solutions with a high degree of automation
• Experience with highly available mission critical software applications
• Experience with Event or Service based systems
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
• Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
• Experience with agile/iterative software development methodologies
• Strong methods mindset and experience with development methods and processes
• Experience in working with global colleagues and managing offshore and vendor resources
• Very strong communication and collaboration skills
• Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills
• Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
• Highly motivated and work well under pressure
• Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
• Fact based and result oriented
• Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
• Ability to travel on a short term basis
• Excellent verbal and written communication is a must
|>||Last application date: 15 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Tsvetelina.email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|