|Copenhagen OLocalFinance/Accounting||Ref.: SM-235773|
|We are looking for a self-starting, goal-oriented individual to join our Reporting & Controlling Team. |
As Finance Controller in Sealand Europe & Mediterranean you will report to the Head of Reporting and Controlling and as Deputy Head, also have increased responsibility within the team.
You will get the opportunity to work with all functions in the Sealand Europe Mediterranean business and will enjoy a high level of independence in managing your area of responsibility.
|We offer an exciting and attractive career opportunity, in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. |
Sealand Europe & Mediterranean offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
As Finance Controller, you be part of a team of four Finance Controllers in Copenhagen that are supported by GSC teams with about 85 staff and work closely together with senior management in Sealand Europe & Mediterranean.
You have a pivotal role in ensuring a high level of quality in our financial data and report and that day to day finance execution is managed efficiently and supports the requirements of the business.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
|As financial controller, you will also be deputy Head of Reporting and Controlling – increased responsibility within team for reporting, controlling and overall team engagement.|
Other areas of responsibility:
• Monthly engagement with GSC and Maersk counterparts
• Period end closing – overall understanding of result including underlying result, trade result and exceptional items
• Monthly management reporting to management and board, including analysis and commentary
• Financial updates in presentation
• Accounting and trial balance controlling for Sealand Europe & Mediterranean
• Group and statutory reporting, audit and financial compliance
• Company administration for Liner company including documentation requirements and litigation
• Tax compliance and reporting
• Forecast process, including planning, consolidation of inputs, sign off, analysis and commentary
• System owner for FBR, master data and manual allocations
• In an ever-changing business environment, perform other duties when assigned.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a proactive individual with a technical accounting background who has leadership potential and who can challenge the status quo at all levels of the organisation. |
The ideal candidate holds a Master’s in Finance or Economics and has extensive working experience within the field of Accounting, Reporting & Controlling.
You have a minimum of five years of experience gained in a similar position and a professionally recognised accounting qualification preferred but not required.
• Have strong technical skills, financial understanding as well as analytical abilities
• Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills being able to work with both management and employees in a large organization
• Are a self-starter with a high motivation level to take on new tasks and ensure timely and successful execution
• Are used to work in a challenging and fast paced environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time and managing deadlines along the way
• Have a can-do, problem-solving attitude to find the answers to see things through to completion in situations where you do not have all relevant information
• Have experience with SAP preferred but not required
• Are fluent in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.
|>||Last application date: 23 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Sealand – A Maersk Company is a regional container logistics company that combines passionate local teams and agile-thinking with an unrivalled global network, powered by the larger A.P. Moller - Maersk family. By combining international vision with genuine local knowledge, we move our customers’ cargo quickly and efficiently across the Americas, Asia, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. In Sealand – A Maersk Company, we create a unique culture by empowering employees. We are trusted to make decisions and take initiatives. To continue to grow Sealand – A Maersk Company, we know that it can only be done by growing together with our customers and our employees. If you want to make a difference and your mind is set on achieving outstanding results, we promise you that being part of Sealand – A Maersk Company will feel like coming home.|