|CopenhagenLocalProject/Process/Performance Management||Ref.: MA-230467|
|As Portfolio Manager, you will join the Africa trades, one of five trade groupings in Ocean Product Management, which is a critical part of our Commercial organisation in Maersk Line.|
Ocean Product Management is responsible for the overall strategy, and profit and loss (P&L) of individual trades. This includes setting direction, managing position-taking and long-term tenders and driving the strategic performance of our business.
The position reports to the Head of Trade Management for Africa trades, and you will be a key member of the leadership team.
|As Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for the overall strategy and P&L for the portfolio and specific trades, making decisions on long-term trade and pricing strategy, including prioritisation of resources and investments. You will drive the organisation to optimise trade/cargo-mix, leveraging network economies and scale for profitable growth and efficient asset utilisation. |
As Portfolio Manager, your responsibilities will include, amongst other things, the following:
Own Ocean P&L and set strategy for portfolio and specific trades, and be responsible for Ocean product management
● Develop strategy including target setting and market valuation.
● Set and cascade the overall commercial strategy and direction.
● Manage P&L incl. optimization on top as well as bottom line.
Manage direction setting and strategic alignment with Regional Revenue Management, Area Product Management and Key Account Management
● Sign off and provide expert perspective on Ocean product management, in collaboration with Ocean Product Development.
● Manage long-term pricing, trade/cargo-mix, tender and commitment strategies.
● Set the long-term pricing strategy, and direction for trade/cargo mix.
● Plan and manage tender process and pricing of tenders.
● Drive allocation management and strategy.
Orchestrate overall performance management of trade results
● Drive overall performance management, be ultimate decision-maker on key trade-offs while respecting input and hold each function accountable.
● Ensure close alignment with Network and Operations Execution on short- and long-term trade-offs, and clear mandate for execution.
● Ensure close alignment with Regional Revenue Management on short-term trade-offs, and clear mandate for execution.
Develop relevant ocean and E2E offerings in cooperation with other product and frontline functions
● Identify unmet customer needs and develop solutions and value proposition for profitable growth
● Manage cooperation with APMT in region to build right strategy across Ocean and terminals
● Develop and roll-out new ocean products
|Who we are looking for|
|You have a high energy level, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results. You are considered an inspirational leader, and enjoy working with people and building partnerships.|
We require fluency in oral and written English, and proven experience with the following:
• Exceptional strategic mindset, able to think strategically and drive effective and sustainable solutions
• Strong business and commercial understanding, with deep insights into the liner shipping industry and trade management and a passion for in-depth grasp and analysis of markets, customers, segments and competitors
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication, able to inspire and lead others and building lasting relationships
• High focus and drive for results, willing to take ownership and follow through on deliverables
• Extraordinary customer experience mindset, with a passion and focus on understanding customer needs and ensuring the best solutions
• Team-oriented, motivated by proactive collaboration across teams, functions and geographies, and with focus on scaleable, end-to-end solutions
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, which may result in the position being filled earlier than the indicated deadline. You thus kindly are advised to apply as soon as possible.
|>||Last application date: 22 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Nadja Minde email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|