Compliance & Reporting Manager
|Ocean Segment Accounting is responsible for the consolidated financials of Maersk Line and other activities forming the Ocean reportable segment of the Maersk group. We ensure high quality and timely reporting of our numbers and we work closely together with our Maersk Global Service Center (GSC) to close the books every month in only 6 working days. We are a team of highly dedicated finance professionals and we are looking for a new colleague to join us. The role reports into Head of Accounting for Ocean Segment but deployment of the role expertise across other segments of the Maersk group is expected.|
|The opportunity to join a best in class finance function within a world leading logistics business. The position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an ambitious company with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development within the Maersk Group.|
We have a performance driven culture and you will become part of a dynamic team, which consists of highly skilled and experienced finance professional with diverse nationalities and backgrounds based in the Maersk Headquarter in Copenhagen.
Our company is passionate about, and lives, our five core values which include providing the right environment for the right people.
|Responsible for delivering timely and accurate Financial Reporting for the Ocean Segment and the Maersk group, including:|
• Advisory services and project work as required to support a variety of stakeholders
• Providing input to management reporting and deliverables
• Supporting global finance teams with reporting guidance and implementing global reporting policies
• Working closely with the Maersk Global Service Centre and other finance departments such as Tax, M&A, Treasury and Group Risk and Assurance teams.
• Process Improvements
• Deliverables for Group auditors
• Taking part of the month end controlling and review of line items on consolidated level.
Besides compliance advisory and controlling of the financial reporting, you will also act as a business partner to the wider finance organization, supporting with qualified IFRS-advisory. This includes, for instance, providing the business with transparency on the impact to reported financials from planned transactions and the impact from implementation of new IFRS standards.
Travel requirement will be limited and the job is located at Headquarter, Copenhagen.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Educated to master degree level, with a professional Accounting qualification.|
• Will have a minimum of 5 years of experience within a finance function in a large multinational company and/or experience from working as an auditor or accounting specialist in a larger consultancy firm
• In depth IFRS knowledge
• Prior Shipping or Logistics industry experience would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
• Relevant financial systems consist of OneStream/HFM. Prior experience would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
• Team player, able to successfully prioritise multiple tasks and timelines, to accurately meet tight financial reporting and project deadlines.
• Develops strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
• Enjoys working in a dynamic business environment and independently drives progress with limited supervisory
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
• Awareness of and ability to work with constant care.
|>||Last application date: 18 October 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Business Partner, Katarzyna Kułak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|