Student Assistant, Strategic Sourcing
|Do you want to be part of a world-class procurement team across all the global brands in Maersk? Are you a proactive self-starter who is motivated by being part of large projects in a fast-paced environment? |
Can you combine an entrepreneurial spirit always aiming for new heights with a constant desire to challenge yourself? Then you may be the new student assistant that we are looking for!
|A unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a Fortune 500 company. Fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them. This makes our organisation a dynamic environment where your creativity, ambition and problem-solving skills will be put to test. We can offer: |
• A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual
• Participation in formal training courses e.g. Effective Communication, Negotiation, Project Management
• A chance to consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone
• The consulting experience while building a strong platform for a future career in Maersk
• Support and coaching from manager and team members
• Flexible working hours, especially around exam periods
Students working at Maersk are invited to join the students@maersk network. As a member of the community, you will have a unique opportunity to expand your professional and social networks, gain additional insight into a large transport and logistics provider and learn more about Maersk as a place to work.
|You will be part of the Strategic Sourcing team which supports the Maersk brands on a wide range of sourcing projects and initiatives globally. |
You will have an active role in a variety of classical sourcing with tasks ranging from cost modelling to project management and you will work with stakeholders on various levels in the organisation.
You will have significant early responsibility and will be held accountable the same as any other team member:
• Support management in strategic initiatives and process improvements that are to be implemented in the global organisation such as knowledge sharing and team communication
• Leading smaller work streams on procurement projects from day one
• Support sourcing projects by:
- Analysing supplier offers, quantifying total costs and total values of ownership
- Mapping and analysing data on current spend patterns to identify cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces
- Preparing and participating in different types of sourcing negotiations
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a student in the first year of your Master’s degree. You preferably study business administration, engineering, economics or a similar course of study. Most important you are|
• Humble and have a structured approach towards handling basic and more complex project tasks.
• Comfortable with Excel based analysis and able to transform conclusions into key messages.
• A go-do person, who is able to take ownership, work independently and get results.
• A team player, who understands the importance of stakeholder management and can build rapport even in challenging situations
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
You are self-driven, analytical and result-oriented with an open and international mindset. In addition, you are service-minded, persist strong communication skills and take pride in providing a good service to both stakeholders and to the colleagues who rely on you. You are also highly reliable with a flexible approach to whatever work you undertake, have the ability to take the initiative, to prioritise and to organise your workload.
The number of working hours will in average be 15-20 hours/week.
|>||Last application date: 17 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruiting Specialist Daria Lyszczak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|