|Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications (e.g. booking a shipment), covering build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems.|
Do you want to be supported in your development as a software engineer? You will work alongside other developers learning from them and from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
Together, your skills will be applied to applications built in both old and new frameworks and architectures; from server-side rendered applications using Backbone JS to SPAs built in VueJS, backed by modern APIs.
|The role will involve:|
• Hands-on implementation of client-side code
• Practising effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Build new capability across the team toolset, including writing tests and reviewing code for other team members.
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities
|Who we are looking for|
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Experience of web user interface development in a commercial or open-source setting. Providing links to your work is a bonus
• Some hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, Vue or React. Our preference is Vue, but experience in any of them is a plus.
• The ability to write front-end code to be cross-browser and cross-device friendly through responsive or adaptive techniques
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Experience developing UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese languages
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
|>||Last application date: 22 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|