Head of Risk, Rules and Effectiveness: Compliance
|The vacancy is aimed at Identifying and evaluating compliance risks (anti-corruption, competition and foreign trade controls (FTC)) in a standardized procedure to taking appropriate decisions for implementing preventive responses and to monitor their effectiveness.|
Coordinating the development of rules which are owned or supported by Compliance. In addition, guide on implementation, documentation and evaluation of these rules and advise on the creation and revision of corporate-wide applicable rules.
Supporting high risk entities to mitigate business processes inherent to compliance risks by establishing an effective and sustainable internal control system to assure effectiveness.
|The position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a very dynamic, international and professionally challenging environment among skilled and dedicated colleagues. As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength. In Maersk we make occupational safety and health our highest priority, and we try to ensure that our employees have a healthy work-life balance. |
|• Risk Management|
• Effective risk prevention by risk identification & assessment, risk response plan, effectiveness monitoring
• Development of group-wide anti-corruption risk assessment model, with focus on assessment of impact and likelihood of risk
• Analysis of correlation between indicator and risk, based on internationally recognized standards
• Group-wide inquiry and evaluation of risk data, including analysis and data preparation for the risk assessment including plausibility checks and clarification with the entities and central units
• Definition, development and implementation of effective risk mitigating responses together with entity management and Regional Compliance Manager
• Communication of the results of the risk assessment to the entity management and management of the central units
• Reporting of Compliance Risks to respective committees
• Compliance Risk Assessment in M&A transactions
• Minority Joint Venture assessments and roll out of mitigation measures
|Who we are looking for|
|• Mandatory education and degree: Bachelor's degree is required; Master's of Business Administration or a Master's degree economics, management or law or an equivalent legal qualification related discipline is preferred |
• Required years of experience: 5-8 years
• Describe the required type of expertise and skills:
- 4 years in a similar position
- advanced knowledge within maintaining a Compliance Program (corruption prevention, Competition law, Foreign trade control)
- excellent intercultural, problem solving skill
- experienced setting up risk management system
- experienced implementing internal control frameworks
- excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail applications
- experience in process & project management
- experience in people management
- strong developed persuasion and presentation skills
- must be motivated and detail-oriented with great organizational skills.
- professional report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• Required soft skills:
- Understand himself as trusted adviser
- Ability to work in a team to find solutions to complex issues
- Attention to detail
- Commercial mind-set, drive to deliver high quality results
- Unwavering ethics & integrity in a competitive and demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to guide team members through highly sensitive situations.
- Ability to work across cultures
- Think innovatively and sometimes out of the box
|>||Last application date: 26 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Business Partner Katarzyna Kułak at Katarzyna.Kulak@maersk.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|