Senior IP Attorney
|Copenhagen KLocalLegal||Ref.: ML-193109|
|We are currently looking for a strong Senior IP Attorney with proven experience and technical skills, as well as a strong commercial and international mindset. |
Innovation has always been a cornerstone in Maersk operations and is positioned as a key strategic component of the digital transformation in Maersk.
|The position is anchored in the Maersk Legal department at the Headquarter of Maersk in Copenhagen with reference to the Head of IT & Digital Legal, but will have a global reach as the Maersk groups internal IP legal focal point. |
The candidate will, together with an IP Manager, drive the proactive and close support of the various Maersk functions engaged in innovation, R&D and various strategic initiatives.
You will drive the internal legal support and groupwide policies and best practices within IP, we are looking for the right candidate to ensure the creation and handling of IP continues to support the innovation, competitiveness and growth of Maersk in general and Digital and Logistic Technology in particular.
|The areas of responsibility for the Senior IP Attorney are: |
• Drive the development and implementation of a groupwide IP strategy in Maersk
• Act as a proactive business partner to the Maersk functions engaged in innovation, R&D and Digital development
• Advice on IP related matters
• Draft patent applications, advice and manage the patent filing processes
• Develop and coordinate efficient processes, methods and tools for IP across the Maersk Group
• Handle potential third-party patent rights and coordinate oppositions, appeals and other litigation proceedings
• Efficiently manage external IP vendors and resources
• Advise senior management in strategic IP matters as well as support M&A activities.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have at least five years relevant experience working as a IP/Patent Attorney/European Patent Attorney, ideally acquired from an in-house IP department or a private IP practice/law firm with international exposure. |
You have insights to and passion for technical engineering and digital development as well as having experience leading the development and implementation of cross-functional IP policies/programmes.
• Have excellent communications skills to ensure high level of communication with key stakeholders and internal team members
• Are fluent in English, both in writing and verbally
• Have strong collaboration and leadership skill
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|>||Last application date: 10 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|