|Do you have what it takes to work in a challenging and dynamic environment? Do you have solid HSE and operational experience? Then why not join Maersk Drilling as HSE Superintendent supporting one of our three asset teams.|
|You will be a key member of a team of HSE professionals supporting our operations and part of the overall HSSE department in our Headquarters. You will be placed in the center of Maersk Drilling, and have co-responsibility of the operational HSE performance for our Harsh Environment Asset Team and the 6 rigs currently operating in the North Sea. You will have the functional responsibility of the local HSE advisors who report to the Rig Managers for each drilling unit.|
The HSE Superintendent supports the Asset Manager and team, as well as the local rig teams, in all matters related to HSE, including analysis of performance trends, identification of initiatives and actions needed for our operations to become HSE incident free, coaching and direction setting of local HSE Advisors, and assist in all internal as well as external communication needs. In order to ensure good cooperation with the rig teams at our shore bases as well as on the units, it is expected that you are available to travel regularly, including offshore.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
|• Co-responsible for the operational HSE performance on our jack-up rigs on both leading and lagging indicators|
• Analyze HSE performance trends and work together with the Asset Team, local Rig Teams and offshore leaders to identify actions and initiatives to continually improve HSE performance
• Functionally responsible for the local HSE advisors in the Rig Teams
• Be single-point-of contact for all HSE related matters to our Harsh Environment Asset Team
• Accountable for our Asset Team receiving best in class support in all HSE related matters
• Support and guide local HSE advisors with customer requests, incident investigations and follow-up, implementation of initiatives offshore and all other tasks necessary to drive HSE performance towards zero incidents
• Function as a Subject Matter Expert within HSE towards Asset Team, Rig Teams as well within Head Quarter functions
• Global process ownership within Maersk Drilling for selected key HSE processes
• Support HSE project managers in successful execution of HSE initiatives
|Who we are looking for|
|A strong and dedicated candidate who is: |
• Passionate about HSE and shares our vision of achieving a zero incident operation. A confident team player that can work well on all levels, from executives in Headquarters to entry level positions on a drilling rig
• Motivated by delivering tangible results in close cooperation with colleagues in Headquarters as well as in rig teams
• Experienced and has a relevant background within HSE, and preferably also a solid background in offshore drilling
• A strong communicator and able to influence rig teams through functional responsibility, but not direct line authority. Ability to present to customers and external authorities
• Familiar with the offshore working environment and has a keen sense for what works in practice on a drilling rig
• Flexible and able to travel on short notice. Being fit for going offshore is a requirement, and either has a valid medical certificate or fit to get one
• Computer literate and able to work with statistics and presentations
• An expert in (Maersk Drilling) Safety Management Systems and associated processes and systems.
• In this role, you will be in regular communication with our international colleagues, therefore, you must be fluent in either Danish or Norwegian.
Desired background could be OIM, Marine Section Leader, Safety Officer, onshore HSE professional or similar
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new member. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskdrilling.com||Maersk Drilling is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk. We design, develop and operate a global fleet of advanced drilling rigs using cutting edge technology and know-how. Our modern fleet counts 24 drilling rigs including drillships, deepwater semi-submersibles and high-end jack-up rigs. Maersk Drilling employs an international staff of 3,200 people and generated an underlying profit of USD 743m in 2016. We create value with our customers through a unique service delivery concept where we customize safe, efficient and consistent drilling services. We build our service around our highly skilled and committed work force, our state of the art offshore drilling rigs and our 40 years of experience operating in the most challenging environments. By joining us, you should be prepared for a career that can lead you anywhere. For further information, see www.maerskdrilling.com.|