Air Operations Associate (Import/Export) - Atlanta, GA
|GALocalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: DC-147883|
|As an Air Import/ Export Associate in our Atlanta, GA office, you will be responsible for the end to end file handling of Air Export and/or Import Shipments to ensure data quality, on time delivery, profitability and troubleshooting errors.|
|Great place to work|
- Damco is a dynamic, fast paced work environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and “can do” attitude. Here, if you perform, sky is the limit!
Professional development and growth
- We pride ourselves in having energized people, the best in the industry! At Damco, you will be a part of an organization where you are empowered to embrace different challenges to support your career aspirations. We support your development through development programs, mentorship and training.
- Our global network provides you visibility and access to professionals all around the world where you can learn all that we have to offer and explore your skills.
Excellent Compensation Packages
Damco provides you:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- And More
- Prepare price quotatations for individual shipments; participates in price preparations for corporate bids and RFQs.
- Receives information to originate export shipments from clients or other field offices.
- Arranges cargo transport and creates load plan; arranges inland transport as per TSA Regulations
- Receives, validates and prepares all necessary shipping documents.
- Books shipments with transport companies and air carriers; files SED via AES system as required.
- Enters all shipment data into company systems; Sends pre-advice to destination where required
- Enters all customer invoicing information into billing system; generate invoices to customers and overseas offices as appropriate.
- Verifies all information in CASS billing systems.
|Who we are looking for|
- High School Degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of air import or export forwarding either handling operational execution and/or customer service
- Able to read and understand tariffs to calculate pricing
- Basic IATA / NVOCC Knowledge
- FAA, TSA, FMC Regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates are required to have authorization to work in the United States.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2017.|
For further information, please contact: All candidates must apply online..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
| ||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|