|Lázaro CárdenasLocalHealth/Safety/Security/Environment/Quality||Ref.: AT-147875|
|APM Terminals is building a strong presence in Mexico by establishing a semi–automated marine terminal in Lazaro Cardenas. This will be the first terminal in Latin America where the latest exiting technology of terminal automation will be established. |
This challenging project will be integrating the Marine Terminal and currently already operating Intermodal operations in Mexico City. This will make it possible for APM Terminals to respond to the increasing demands of the container transportation industry in delivering a complete solution to customers in Mexico.
Talented employees are seen as the foundation of our company success, and APM Terminals is interested in recruiting, training and challenging the world’s best talent to join our global team, to serve our customers and lead our company. The company is fully committed to developing talent with stretched jobs, global opportunities and exciting work in a growing global business.
As APM Terminals aims to become leading in career opportunities and training in Mexico, we invite candidates for the below described position, reporting to the Safety Manager.
*This position is located in Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region
- Direct influence on tactical and operational level decisions
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders
- Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region
- Supports and coordinate the execution of safety and environment activities management with execution in the specific region/country/operation in line with the Corporate strategy and relevant requirements specific for the location.
- Assists in the development and delivery of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for a HSE business operation.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and Loss Prevention measures.
- Represents the HSE department within the port related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a co-operative partnership with local resources.
- Inspects organisation facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Reports all HSE incidents and assists the incident root cause analysis and assess risks to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organisation in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Compiles and submits accident reports required by the HSE department. Maintains safety files and records.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to terminal staff and third party members.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT LZX policies and procedures.
- Ensure that APMT LZC HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Mexico HSE Acts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise).
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control.
|Who we are looking for|
Identifies HSSE improvement projects and consistently delivers what is promised.
- Requires minimum Certificate qualification in Health and safety and environment (IOSH membership level: Technical)
- Requires 2 years proven record of HSE related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Understands how HSSE standards and practices impact on organizational results.
- Implements cost effective processes to achieve local HSSE goals.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and experience in handling dangerous goods and emergency situations.
- Computer Usage: 2 Intermediate/Basic (Used of OFFICE: Word, - Excel, Power Point, Etc.) or Application Programs.
- ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000
|>||Last application date: 15 September 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|