Production Technician - Culzean
|AberdeenLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-147871|
|Maersk Oil UK is part of Maersk Oil, a top 30 independent global oil and gas company.|
Turning marginal and challenging fields into commercial success has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s business since it began in 1962. We focus on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to operate safely and successfully creating value for partners and host governments.
Maersk Oil became established in the UK in 2005 following the acquisition of Kerr McGee’s UK Assets. We are headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland with two producing assets in the Central North Sea and are also developing the Culzean field, the largest discovery on the UK Continental Shelf for more than a decade, with first gas scheduled in 2019.
We are looking for a Production Technician to join our Culzean Asset on a staff basics.
|A challenging, stimulating working environment with the opportunity for huge personal and business growth alongside a very competitive salary and benefits package.|
|• Develop a detailed knowledge of the Subsea, process plant, and controls, including their function and operation, as specified and described in the Operating procedures.|
• Safely and efficiently operate process systems from either the Central Control Room or equipment local panels, monitor plant conditions and respond correctly to alarm conditions.
• Responsible for completing verification assurance and routine maintenance activities and maintaining quality records.
• Responsible for maintenance and fault investigation.
• Maintain proper process plant records, log sheets and equipment running data sheets, recognise readings outside specified values and inform the Assistant Production Supervisor/Production Supervisor should these occur.
• Prepare production wells for testing, carry out the tests as specified, and complete the well test reports.
• Monitor general plant condition, keep production areas tidy, and monitor other ongoing activities within the process areas to maintain housekeeping standards.
• Carry out the role of Nominated Area Operator and Isolating Authority in the preparation of process plant and equipment maintenance as specified on the relevant plant isolation certificate, Permit to Work, or process plant operating procedure.
• On completion of any maintenance work inspect the plant / equipment for integrity prior to start-up and, when instructed, start the plant/equipment either for test or return to normal service.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
• Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
• Carry out process systems sampling activities, process sampling and prepare results as required, monitor chemical injection rates and maintain tank levels and stocks.
• Execute duties as specified in the station bill and emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
|Who we are looking for|
|• N/SVQ Processing Operations Hydrocarbons level 3 or equivalent.|
• Experience of on or offshore production plant operations.
• Experience administration, control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including permit to work procedures.
• Experience of organising, coordinating and controlling/ monitoring work (including vendors).
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
|>||Last application date: 06 September 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|