Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Specialist
|Do you want to be a key member in Maersk Lines’ journey in utilising our technical foundation to support standard business processes through system automation? Then this position is for you!|
|The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Specialist is based in the Liner|
Operations Centre (LOC) for Maersk Line and is responsible to assist Maersk Line IT with EDI implementation, coordinate, improve all electronic data and information flows between internal and external systems.
The role is functionally positioned in the Cargo Operations team, but the scope of responsibility is not limited to the flow of information to and from the Cargo team.
The goal of the role is to increase timeliness, data quality and EDI
|• Enable all vendors to be EDI enabled (Increase hit ratio of EDI|
• Drive cost reduction, customer satisfaction and workload reduction by consistently improving electronic data exchange to and from Maersk Line
• Monitor daily EDI performance and drive mitigating actions. Owns the existing EDI rules for your region and ensure that EDI rules are
adjusted should there be a business process change.
• Understands system interdependencies and collaborates with all relevant departments
• Migrate Vendors that have been successfully implemented (CODECO, COARRI, RKEMTLX, 322) to the GSC adhering to the global standard of handover
• Co-ordinate VSA BAPLIE changes between CENVSA, the VSA partner and eBIS
Vendor management :
• Provide inputs to contract negotiations with Vendors on EDI requirements as a Subject matter expert.
• Manage on-boarding of new operational vendors (terminal, feeder
operators, depots and relevant authorities )
• Ensure that EDI performance is regularly communicated with the Vendor and potential improvement solutions.
• Ensure all EDI exchanges are administered and controlled within the respective vendors and ensure delivery of high quality of data
• Identify sub-optimal EDI connections and implement improvements with the eBIS team within the Liner Operations Cluster
• Review process information and data flows to suggest and implement EDI set-ups to substitute manual data transfer
• Adapt EDI requirements to Global process changes and manage exceptions
• Partner with business liaisons to understand technical system requirements, with an emphasis on ML Operations Business Process improvement
|Who we are looking for|
|An ideal candidate having affinity with systems and processes, result driven with strong analytical skill set, detailed orientated and ability to work independently. Work well under pressure in a highly dynamic environment|
• Good communication skills and comfort in taking discussions with various levels within the organization and with internal and external stakeholders. Communicate at all levels across the local organization and guide them toward the local achievements. Suggesting possible solutions for problems in an honest, timely manner with consistent communication to management
.• Should be able to deliver impact without authority and should have a solution driven mind-set
• Comfortable with open assignments or quickly changing goals,
roles, authority and responsibilities.
• Inherently curious with risk taking ability to balance constraints.
• Maersk Line Business Systems Landscape and RKEM knowledge is must.
• Fluency in English, verbally and written is must
|>||Last application date: 21 May 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|