Chief Commercial Officer- Damco Americas
|NJLocal/ExpatCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: DC-105287|
|Damco is seeking an outstanding commercial executive, capable of combining general management and strategic insights with hands-on sales leadership to serve as Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) for the Americas Region. |
The right individual will be able to demonstrate his/her proven track record of consistently growing sales and will play a large leadership role, contributing to the strategic planning and growth of the Region.
Primary responsibilities for this position include driving all aspects of sales activities and strategies across all products including responsibility for developing, managing, and implementing a commercial business plan to achieve projected sales and profitability through the generation of new business from existing and new customers.
In addition, the Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for managing and retaining existing customer relationships and contracts in partnership with the regional management, account directors and the sales teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced professional to shape the growth strategy and direction within the Company and contribute to the transformation of one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain management and freight forwarding services.
|Great place to work|
- Damco is a dynamic, fast paced work environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and “can do” attitude. Here, if you perform, sky is the limit!
Professional development and growth
- We pride ourselves in having energized people, the best in the industry! At Damco, you will be a part of an organization where you are empowered to embrace different challenges to support your career aspirations. We support your development through development programs, mentorship and training.
- Our global network provides you visibility and access to professionals all around the world where you can learn all that we have to offer and explore your skills.
Excellent Compensation Packages
Damco provides you:
- Continued excellent benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Relocation Assistance as needed
- Deliver the required level of sustained top-line growth for Damco and develop and implement an integrated approach to sales and business development.
- Lead the development of a commercial strategy for the Americas Region and fully support strategy development and execution as part of the Global Commercial team.
- Ensure sales performance management through utilization of tools and systems and to run professional sales and sales management, and deliver outstanding commercial performance.
- Work with other functional areas to develop unique products and services.
- Oversee the development of a “big-ticket” deals and personally lead major opportunities as appropriate.
- Provide functional leadership to the commercial teams across the Americas
- Ensure the required operational and organizational capability of the sales and business development teams.
- Maximize earnings, growth, revenue and /or profitability through strong leadership, effective management and best-in-class services.
|Who we are looking for|
- Relevant Undergraduate degree/ Graduate Degree required, preferably an MBA, or significant relevant experience.
- A seasoned executive with a minimum of 12 to 15 years of senior management experience ideally gained within the international Logistics/Supply Chain management and/or global cargo transportation industries; current experience or previous experience with Damco/Maersk Logistics preferred.
- An excellent track record in international sales and marketing and business building roles with increasing responsibilities. Is able to identify, pursue and secure attractive commercial opportunities with very focused and intense sales and business development efforts.
- Ability to develop a regional commercial strategy, define tactics and establish milestones and drive the organization to successful delivery of the strategy within a global framework. Is capable of looking outside industry/current company for inspiration and progress.
- Is a role model in applying modern sales methodologies and tools. Has proven track record in opportunity coaching and sales management.
- Superior communication skills and proven organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with across a global, matrix environment with the agility to be resourceful, creative, and maintain flexibility to engage multiple parties across functions and geographies
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills also preferred.
For further information, please contact: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
| ||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|