|MumbaiLocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: AP-105267|
|As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.|
|• Responsible for daily ship management of vessels under responsibility.|
• Ensure timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters at all times.
• Visit vessels and prepare inspection reports on vessels under responsibility.
• Ensure safety is top priority in all vessel operations.
• Prepare financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry-dockings for vessels under responsibility.
• Responsible for cost control on ship management budget and explaining to Management any significant deviations from budgets for vessels under responsibility.
• Plan and coordinate inspection and execution of dry-docking for the vessels under TO responsibility and as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are maintained.
• Follow-up on the performance of the vessels under TO responsibility and for arranging corrective actions to be carried out when necessary.
• Conduct performance appraisals for Masters and Chief Engineers serving onboard vessels under TO responsibility.
• Close liaison with the Liner Operations as required on all aspects of the management of assigned vessels.
• In these tasks, the objectives of the Superintendent are to deliver the most effective and efficient ship management service in full alignment with objectives and work culture of the organisation.
|Who we are looking for|
|• You have a Marine Engineering education and experience as Senior Marine Engineer. You preferably have experience as a Technical Superintendent managing Container vessels.|
• You possess good communication skills and can work efficiently with multicultural teams ashore and on board. Your work approach is diligent and organised, and you understand and accept the importance of cost effectiveness. Additionally, you have enhanced problem solving skills and interest in tackling challenges with innovative solution and maximising the use of resources available.
|>||Last application date: 04 March 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||The current times show that managing supply chain is key to responding to change and even crisis. At Maersk, this is the big opportunity and an extremely exciting time to integrate global supply chains to benefit the customer, community and lift the society in times of need. From its focus on offshoring opportunities when it was established in 1999, Maersk GSC’s competencies have since grown significantly aiming to put customers at the centre of business. Maersk GSC operates from 7 locations across the world: India - Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru; China ‐ Chengdu; Philippines ‐ Manila; Morocco ‐ Tangier. The GSC comprises of some of the best minds in engineering, digital innovation, finance, commercial, operations and information technology that develop innovative end-to-end solutions providing best in class customer experience.|