Senior HSE Advisor/Safety Coach
|Are you an Oil & Gas Industry Professional or Safety Coach looking for a new challenge? One that brings out the best in you and your abilities to influence, convince, question and move people to change an established safety culture in a time-honoured business unit? Then this position might be a great fit for you. |
|This is a position where you will have the opportunity to develop a strong safety culture across assets – and experience how changes originating in you take hold throughout the organisation.|
As Senior HSE Advisor, you will join our HSE department in the Danish Business Unit (DBU) of Maersk Oil in Esbjerg, Denmark. The Esbjerg office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea.
You will be part of a lively environment with a good social atmosphere, where you can develop a broad network, working with many internal and external stakeholders.
In close collaboration with the DBU Head of HSE, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on developing our safety culture and effectively ensure that our offshore and onshore personnel take on board and live a top safety culture.
You will report to the Manager of Operational Safety.
|Being the focal point for safety culture enhancement and change, you objective will be to improve the levels of safety maturity. Your responsibilities will be to:|
• Set the direction of our safety culture in close collaboration with the DBU, establishing the format for achieving changes. This includes establishing objectives, cultural change programmes, handling safety maturity assessment and participating in investigations.
• Function as mentor/coach on our safety culture, including risk management and process safety, and in general contribute to raising HSE risk awareness and provide technical HSE support
• Continuously consolidate our accountability model, procedures and guidelines through education and process implementation, ensuring we learn from success and failures
• Help establish our HSE management system and ensure integration with existing systems, processes and procedures
• Embed risk management as a fundamental HSE process and facilitate the development of knowledge and learning in HSE risk management across DBU
|Who we are looking for|
|In this role, you will need to possess excellent communication skills to convince and influence people to move in the right direction.|
Being a skilled change agent, you can manage change with respect for the prevailing safety culture within the DBU and by using recognised change management processes.
Accordingly, you are capable of coaching and mentoring at various tenure levels throughout oil and gas exploration and production organisations.
• Solid experience from an oil & gas business, including offshore operations, and deep understanding of onshore support systems and services as well as offshore safety culture
• Strong understanding of HSE Risk Management systems and pragmatic application of these
• Awareness of hazards and risks and the ability to communicate these efficiently, based on an in-depth understanding of them
• Capability to innovate and introduce new risk management tools, techniques and models
• You speak and write English fluently
|>||Last application date: 01 March 2016.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|