X-Trade Sales Manager
|SingaporeLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: ML-086787|
|MCC Transport is the dedicated Intra-Asia (IAS) arm for the Maersk Group delivering containerized cargo through an extensive network spanning Bangladesh to East Russia. As an independent business unit that is part of the Maersk Group we carry our own IAS cargo, significant feedering volumes for Maersk Line as well as other carriers with whom we have cultivated long-term partnerships. We have over 500 staff in 14 countries with headquarters situated in Singapore and operate a fleet of over 70 ships. |
An opportunity is now available for an independent, energetic and self-motivated individual to join us as English/Mandarin speaking X-Trade Sales Manager.
|As an organization, we are entrepreneurial. We provide a fast-paced work environment where employees are empowered and expected to take ownership and held accountable for their performance. |
Through this position, you will gain a unique opportunity to improve your mindset, skills and competency, covering below and more:
- Deep knowledge of sales professional process
- Sales Essentials training – a key for your success
- Development of stakeholder management skills and persuasion abilities
- Learning how to deal with and operate in a global organization
- Improving your efficiency levels while keeping a high level of quality in your work
- Exposure with local and foreign colleagues and customers at multiple-levels
- Communication and process improvement
- Work within a dynamic professional sales and trade & marketing team who value team success.
- Making sales calls with new and existing customers (medium and large-sized companies) responsible for X-trade volume shipments across the Intra-Asia market.
- Establish strong, multi-level relationships with key customers (including decision makers and influencers) and make use of senior management to sponsor and leverage high level customer relationships.
- Identify account needs, opportunities and key buying factors for existing customers, and formalize those into account plans and create compelling value propositions to increase win ratio and gain premium over competition.
- Be on top of your assigned industry situation, taking lead in creating a compelling value proposition to response well to the industry’s needs.
- Responsible for trading desk market intelligence and growing support from your existing customers and acquiring new customers within Singapore region to meet and exceed individual volume and revenue target.
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Customer acquisition: Expanding and creating new business opportunity under territory assigned.
- To identify customer needs and requirements, buying criteria and potential to prioritize time and effort spent in selling
- To develop strong knowledge on the market and share feedback to create a competitive pricing strategy
- To establish client forecast and updating to related party in order to plan equipment, forecast and booking uptake
- PSM (Persuasive Selling Model) adoption to boot volume/revenue
- Maximizing usage of SFDC to drive sales call planning, action plans, and follow-up to boost productivity
- Commercial Excellence role model
- Prioritize face-to-face meetings as main way to serve assigned customer portfolio.
Key Success Measurement
-- Volume and revenue (from clients controlled in Singapore but doing X-Trade business)
- Meet and exceed individual target on:
-- Customer acquisition & X-Trade Market Development
-- Numbers of sales calls per targeted customers
-- Numbers of leads & quality of value proposition generated for non-controlled business
-- Future expected volume pipeline
-- Rate filing timeliness and accuracy
-- Drive of actions from Voice of Customer
- Timely reflect your sales activities in customer relation management system
|Who we are looking for|
|As a minimum for fulfilling this important position, we expect for you:|
- Bachelor degree in Foreign Trade, Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Commerce or other similar areas
- Fluent in English
- 4-5 years’ work experience in shipping industry is preferred but not mandatory
- Motivated and ambitious self-starter with a customer-focus mindset is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment and cope with large scale business challenges
- Strong communication skill in both verbal and written
- Being proactive and taking responsibility for your tasks
- Being value focused and keeping a high level of integrity in whatever you do
- Constantly seeking to improve your skills and efficiency levels
- Capable in building strong and lasting relationships at multiple levels, focusing on decision makers and influencers
- Strong knowledge about market, competitors and industry trends will be a clear advantage
|>||Last application date: 27 October 2015.|
|mcc.com.sg||MCC Transport is the regional shipping specialist in the world's most dynamic and fastest growing market: Intra-Asia. Part of the Maersk Group and headquartered in Singapore, we have over 600 employees in 14 countries, from East Russia, to Bangladesh and operate a fleet of over 80 ships. Having served as the Intra-Asia Partner for over 20 years, MCC continues to link its customers to opportunities across Asia. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast paced work environment with a strong, collaborative culture where employees are empowered and expected to take ownership and accountability for their performance. We subscribe to the Maersk Group philosophy and core values which have been in place over the last 100 years, and have a strong employee value proposition, with career development and opportunities available globally.|