|EsbjergLocal/InternationalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-082879|
|Do you have solid oil industry experience, some of it within production operations? Would you like to be a key player on all matters affecting well and reservoir potential, technical limits and well operating envelopes of one of our Tyra asset fields in the North Sea? Then come join an innovative, well-renowned, and safety-first thinking company where you will have great international career opportunities. |
|You will have the opportunity to become a focal point in Production Technology, a subset of Maersk Oil’s Subsurface Disciplines division, and work with optimisation of production and forecasts of our Tyra asset fields. To do so, you will be based in the Production Management Team in Esbjerg.|
As a technical authority, the Production Technology department has responsibility for conceptual well and completion design and in the process assesses and determines production potential, well optimisation and operating envelope over the full life cycle of an asset.
This is an operational position that gives you broad insight into our well service and reservoir management operations. Here, you will be sharing knowledge and collaborating with many top specialists and helping mentor less experienced engineers.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. We are approximately 550 highly skilled and motivated onshore employees working in the office which has an international workforce and positive atmosphere.
|As Production Technologist, your responsibilities and deliverables range across the project life-cycle, from exploration well testing, appraisal, concept generation and selection, through to ongoing production operations and ultimately to suspension and abandonment.|
Essentially, your key tasks will be to:
• Reduce production losses and optimize production system performance of one of the Tyra asset fields
• Actively engage with Operations department to provide daily support to offshore operations on all matters related to Production System optimization
• Identify, mature and execute production optimization opportunities as well as develop and maintain our Integrated Production System model
• Integrate knowledge about the Tyra Asset fields into well, reservoir and facility management activities, and identify and implement data acquisition needs and integrate these in reservoir and well surveillance plans
• Provide input to annual Asset business planning cycle, and support Wells and Reservoir Management departments on preparation and execution of intervention and workover programmes
|Who we are looking for|
|To succeed in this position, you need to be self-motivated and self-reliant. You possess strong analytical and technical skills, enabling you to function in a multi-disciplinary environment, think broadly, and understand the consequences of decisions and actions in a broad, operational perspective.|
Further, you have good people skills with the ability to engage and motivate others, just as you enjoy mentoring less experienced engineers. Finally, being a strong communicator, you speak and write technical English effortlessly.
• MSc in Petroleum Engineering with at least 5 years relevant experience in the oil industry, of which at least 3 years in production operations
• Broad background in well, reservoir and facility management, reservoir studies and well interventions, especially in a mature field environment
• General knowledge of production facilities operations
• Solid capabilities within well performance analysis and surveillance techniques, gas lift production systems, design, troubleshooting and optimization
• Fluent user of Prosper and GAP, Pipesim
|>||Last application date: 30 August 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|